• Mental torture

Our hsg society's chairman had displayed my 7 year old son's name as a culprit for car scratchier on society notice board. CCTV footage they had shown me had doesn't prove that. Any legal help to save us from this mental torture please.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
This is not only despicable but also a very serious offence.
Immediately file a case for defamation seeking the prosecution of and damages from this man.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

u have to issue legal notice to stop such nonsense and demand for written apology if not u can take legal action against them
Anil Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
35 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

issue notice to Chairman / Secretary and other members of managing committee to forthwith remove your son name as culprit for car scratches from the notice board . in addition to tender an unconditional apology which should be prominently  displayed on the notice board . in said notice mention that in event no action is taken  by Managing Committee you will be constrained to file   criminal complaint for defamation under section 50 of IPC against office bearers of society . further mention in said notice that you shall be filing suit for damages against society and its office bearers  in case unconditional apology is not received within period of 7 days of receipt of notice .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File defamatory suit.
2. File criminal case for defamation under section 500 IPC
Prithwish Ganguli
Advocate, Kolkata
21 Answers
12 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

nothing left to add
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

in such it is necessary to give legal notice to management committee. in failure sorry warn them to face serious legal consequences
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

 It is necessary to warn and refrain the society management from such acts which  are against the existing  laws which are protecting children and under IPC, and constitution of Inida. Send him a notice and ask damages for  defamation, . if not responding  positively, go ahead with a police complaint which can also force him to respond or else an FIR should be lodged . Civil suit for damages is also an option but more than the compensation, the concerned people have to be taught to treat children as they are. As all experts  mentioned the management responsible for this despicable act has to apologize and the allegations should be withdrawn and tender a written apology on the same notice board.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1516 Answers
142 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer