1. Application for divorce can not be filed before completion of one year of marriage.
2. Application for divorce shall have to filed based on grounds acceptable to the Court as specified in the Act
3. She can not seek divorce with in 2 months from the date of her marriage.
4. She can demand any thing she wishes to but you shall have to contest all her allegations, demands and claims. The Court will finally decide about the divorce, compensation and/or alimony.
5. She has no right, title or interest on your property during your life time. Court may direct you to pay her maintenance and/or compensation after hearing the divorce petition filed by you but will never direct you to part your properties with her.
6. If she is not employed, she will be awarded maintenance amount which will be anything in between 1/5th to 1/3rd of your net monthly earning.