• Marriage

Dear sir ,
I need  a suggestion about my marriage.
I'm loving my cousin my mother's own sister son. We both want to marry. We approached our parents but  refused.
They talking bad about the relationship . We decided. To marry .Pls help us to  start life. Kindly pls help me.

Deepa
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1) you cannot marry your first cousin 

2) it falls within prohibited degree of relationship 

3) such marriage is illegal 

Marriage with close relative leads some complications viz., defects in child to be born out of married. Marriage with own mother's sister son is not not permissible according to Hindu rites and customs. But it is common in some other religions and areas. You both have to decide if you have ready to face such problems of children and comments from peoples you can.      

Your marriage falls within the degree of prohibited relationship, so you cannot marry. 

You may marry the cousin of yours if both of you are 18 yrs & 21 yrs of age respectively and do not come into prohibited degree of relationship as per Special marriage act. 
2. Please consult a family lawyer of your area and if marriage can be performed between you two then give 30 days notice to the registrar for this purpose .
Sushil Jha
Advocate, Patna