• Intercaste marriage (Jodhpur)

Dear sir/mam,
my name is bipin kumar yadav, 21 year old and am living in jodhpur, rajasthan. basically i belongs to u.p, but my father is a army person so we are living in jodhpur. now come to my question.

i am in love with a girl since last 5 years. she's belongs to sc and i am obc. we want to marry but we cant coz as i told you we belongs different casts so it is impossible to insist our parents. we almost tried everything. but no results. and now her parents are harassing  her and deciding to marry her soon with another guy.

we ready to go for court marriage procedure and she is ready to leave her parents home but court gives a notice period of 30 days. and inform both parties. in these 30 days if they do f.i.r on me and my parents then what can i do?can we fill form for intend marriage and hide for 30 days, is there any harm for my parents  and i have heard from 1 of my friend that there is new law passed that girl also should be 21 year for court marriage, is it true?

i want to do marriage without harming my parents. please clear my doubts. thanks in advance.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Religion: Hindu
dear client,  u can get married in any Arya samaj mandir & latter on u can get it registered at registrar office. plz keep certificate, photo etc. of mandir ( temple) in safe  custody as these document will be required at time of registration with some other documents. period of thirty days etc. is not required& age for girl is 18 years only. for brief u can call me.
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you are only 21 years old . you are too young to marry now . first stand on your feet build  career then take decision . how are you going to support your wife . ? where will you stay ? can you afford marriage and responsibilities at this age . 

it is better to marry with parents consent . you have not mentioned what is the girl age . Prohibition of Child Marriage Act states that a girl in India can't marry before the age of 18, and a boy before 21.it is not necessary that girl should be 21 to marry . 

The parties have to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the district in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given.
The notice is then published/put-up by the Registrar of Marriage inviting objections, if any.
After the expiration of 30 days from the date on which notice of intended marriage has been published, the marriage may be solemnized unless it has been objected by any person.
The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office.
Both parties along with three witnesses are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
48067 Answers
2854 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Above are the procedures but don't allow your emotions to rule you,such things are bound to happen at this age.
Anil Gupta,

Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0


The best way for you is to go to arya samaj and get married there. Keep proper documentation of the entire marriage ceremony with you in form of photographs, video etc. 

Once you obtain a certificate of marriage, get your marriage registered at the concerned marriage registration office. The Office is at the premises of polytechnic college in Jodhpur.

In case you feel threatened for your security, then give a representation to the local SHO and SP for protection. Register a report if need be. In case you still don't get any recourse, then you may approach the High Court with an appropriate application for protection.

It will be better for you to not get married under the special marriage act since the procedure is lengthy. Further the girl needs to be of 18 years and the boy of 21 years to get married.

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
33 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Dear Querist
I agree with Nishant but for registration of marriage the age of both the parties should be 21 years. it is for registration of marriage and not solemnized the marriage.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4917 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer