• Lost my will deed and sale deed

I have aquired the house property by way of a registered will deed from my mother, now my mother expired. Now I have lost my will deed and Sale deed of  house property. Please suggest me how to get a legally authentic document so that I can aquire loan from that property.
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
1) you can obtain certified copy of will from sub registrar office 

2)if you have lost sale deed/ original will  file FIR about loss of originals .

3) issue public notice and then obtain certified copy of sale deed from sub regsitrar office 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45738 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) As the Will is registered you can get a Duplicate copy issued to you upon application.

2) You must lodge a police complaint first of all regarding loss of the documents before applying for a duplicate copy.

3) The duplicate copy so issued is authentic.  
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2252 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the Will is registered then you can get necessary information including the certified copy from the local registration office.
Similarly the certified copy of the sale deed can also be obtained.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12887 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If u have death certificate of ur mother and property is in the name of ur mother in govt records. You can contact the tehsildar of ur area and submit some papers so as ownership will be transfered in ur name
Shivam Sood
Advocate, Ludhiana
93 Answers
1 Consultation

4.2 on 5.0


1) Since it is the registered will deed, you can obtain the certified copy of the will from sub-registrar office. 
2) You should file a FIR based on certified copies of Registered WILL Deed and Sale Deed. 
3) Once police file a not traceable report(Police will be able to give you not traceable report within 120 days from the date of filing of FIR). 
4) Also you need to publish a news paper advertisement ( 1 regional and  1 english) for loss of originals.

In order to avail a bank loan / sale of property at the time of loan sanction/ sale you should be able to provide the following
a) Copy of FIR
b) Copy of Non traceable report by Police.
c) Copy of News paper publication and 
d) Certified copies of Registered WILL and Sale Deed and 
e) Latest Encumbrance certificate. 

Actually, if you do all of the above steps, then you need not worry about loss of originals and you will be in a position to undertake any transaction with the help of above mentioned copies . 

Hope this information is useful. 
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1307 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In FIR You should mention  the detailed particulars of sale deed lost by you 

2) not necessary to enclose Xerox copy of sale deed 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45738 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firstly file a complaint to the jurisdictional police station for the loss of will and sale deed and then apply to the office of the sub-registrar for a certified copy of these documents. 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have lodge a complaint regarding lost of documentswith jurisdictional police  station where you have lost the documents will deed and sale deed. You have to obtain certified copies of same documents. If you are having document number you can get certified copy from concerned sub registrar and you can produce the same before concerned police. 
Lakshmi Kanth
Advocate, Hyderabad
404 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer