• Cheating on getting Job

Sir, I have applied for Job through Naukri.com and many other Job portals. From Naukri.com One of the perosn has contacted me through my mobile and sent email from naukri.com portal to deposit amount to provide a Senior Project Engineer Job in L&T Infotech, chennai. I have deposited an amount of Rs. 2.66 lacs after that also they sent a note along with appointment letter to deposit Rs. 2.00 Lakhs.  But this time I stopped the amount depositing and told them I will deposit on confirmation of Job from L&T.  Suddenly they told your amount will be refunded and asked me to deposit Rs. 18000.00  as Services Tax and the amount Rs. 2.65 Lakhs will be refunded.  After one month due conversation on telephone and mobile I have deposited Rs. 18000/- and they promised me to refund the amount within 48 hours through sms from timesjobs.com.  Even after lapse of one month the amount still not yet refunded.  If we are giving mobile calls, the calls have been rejected.  
Please advice what to do???
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Pondicherry, Puducherry
you have to lodge complaint before concerned police for cheating, dishonest intention etc., immediately 
Lakshmi Kanth
Advocate, Hyderabad
404 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1) file complaint of cheating and criminal breach of trust against the fraudster who promised you job 

2) police will lodge FIR and conduct investigations against the fraudster 

3) yiu can also file suit to recover your money 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45421 Answers
2668 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) From your description it appears that you are a victim of some scammers. It was very naive on your part to have deposited Rs.2.66 lacs in the first place and quite uppish to have transferred another 1.8lacs later on.

2) You need to file a police complaint and get an FIR registered against the people who asked you to deposit the sums.( It cannot be Naukri.com or timesjobs.com) as they are only job portals and investigations will not make any headway. Provide the names, if any of the people with the mobile number, account details to which the transfers were made and all relevant details to the cops in the complaint.

3) In the meantime contact Naukri.com and  timesjobs.com with your details of what happened and get their responses. As you received an email from the site's portal they must be made a party and this would help the investigation. 
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2240 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In my opinion, these kinds of mail are phishing mail /spam mail in order to cheat people and one should restrain themselves from depositing any amount in the bank account because these are reputed Mnc's who never usually ask for money for giving job.

Now since, you have been cheated immediately lodge an FIR at police station stating the facts. And later file a case before the Hon'ble court Of Chief judicial magistrate of your city.


Sankalp Mehrotra
Advocate, Lucknow
6 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

Thats a serious matter...you should give that email id and phone numbers for tracing what is the location of those person..if you also have a proof of money tranactions contact the bank where you deposit the money ask them to provide you address of the account holder ...file a cheating and fraud case against those person with the help of a lawyer...but first go to local police station and lodge FIR against them.
Sapna Seth
Advocate, Chandigarh
25 Answers
7 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

You were naive to deposit such a huge amount just in order to get a job. Now go to the nearest police station to file a police complaint for cheating and breach of trust against the caller and the person in whose account the amount has been deposited.  
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Immediately file a complaint against them before police and try to registered a cheating case against them under section 415/420 of IPC.

Feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

This is a clear case of cheating by a fraudster.
Hope you will be having the bank deposit details?
You may first lodge a criminal complaint agaisnt the fraudster with the police giving the details of bank deposit and his phone number,
Did you write to naukri.com about this, if not write to them also about th guy who cheated you and ask them to provide relief by senfing them the copy of the communication he had sent through their portal. 
Take the help of a lawyer to  neatly draft the letter to naukri and the complaint with the police. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35580 Answers
385 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer