• Divorce

Hi, i am trying to get separated  from my husband because of so many issues, but he is not willing to get separated. And as of i am a house wife and i belong to middle class family. At present i can't afford a lawyer for my case, but i have heard that their are LAC (legal aid centers) which are quite helpful to people who can't afford lawyer for their defense?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
if you cannot afford legal fees contact district legal aid centre in family court . they will help  you in filing case for divorce
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45691 Answers
2687 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

in your case u should first move for getting maintenance, then file divorce case or u can adopt both together. yes u can approach district LAC.
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Getting divorce is not so easy and also time consuming,if you are able  resolve your issues it may be more appropriate,no of my clients have preffered this .
Anil Gupta
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

dear client your knowledge is correct,In every district court  has LAC office,you can avail that service from your district court,for your knowledge divorce has two type contest divorce and another is mutual divorce,file your petition according your need,

Sunil kr SIngh
High court
and district court Kanpur
Sunil Kumar Singh
Advocate, Kanpur
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

What you have heard is true. If you cannot afford the services of a lawyer then you should apply to the District Legal Services Authority for assigning you a lawyer for filing and prosecuting your case in the court. There are many good lawyers on the panel of the authority, one of them will be assigned your case. The office of District Legal Services Authority is located in the district court complex.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
if you are unable to engage a lawyer/pay the fee then you can contact legal aid authority and get service of a lawyer
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4867 Answers
222 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

There is a Free legal aid center attached to every family court  or district court, so you should approach the legal service Authority of your area and get help. You can also file polcie complaint where you can walk into a police station without anylegal expenses. Most police station do have a women cell where you can file a complaint. They will take down your complaint and call your husband. This can be done without the help of an advocate.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file complaint under section 498A for dowry harassment against your in laws , brother in law and your husband . you can also file for divorce in family court and in said divorce petition claim maintenance and other reliefs . 
in addition you can file DV case and claim right to stay in matrimonial home . you can also seek alternative accommodation . you can  also seek protection order from court against your husband and in laws in DV case you can also seek maintenance and also compensation from your husband / in laws for mental  torture that you have undergone 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45691 Answers
2687 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer