If i visited massage spa regularly and later police raided and arrested the spa girls can i be in trouble, even though i was not present at the spa during the raid
Asked 7 months ago in Criminal Law from vadodara, Gujarat
1) you were not present when raid took place
2)you had merely visited spa for massage in past
3) you should in case questioned by police deny that you had sex with girls under guise of massage and had paid for sex
According to Immoral Traffic (Suppression) Act, 1956 Prostitution is illegal in India. while a woman can use her body in private for a commercial purpose - male sex workers are not recognised by the law - but she can be punished for soliciting business or seducing clients in public. Running brothels, pimping and prostitution rings - is illegal. The clients can be punished for sexual activity at or close to a public place.
Acts punishable under ITPA include:
• Brothel keeping (Section 3)
• Living on earnings of sex work (Section 4)
• Procuring, inducing or detaining for prostitution (Section 5 & 6) Penalties are higher where offences involve children (<16 yrs) & minors (< 18 yrs)
• Prostitution in areas notified by Police & near public places (Section 7)
• Soliciting (Section 8)
• All offences are cognizable i.e Police do not require a warrant to arrest or search.()section 14)
You are safe and be careful in future
You cannot be arrested for the offences you have not done, I mean if you were not caught during the raid then it means that you are not in the spot so there is offence done by you. Visiting the spa regularly does not mean that you have committed any offence so dont worry about nothing.
Unless police has some prima facie evidence to believe that you had sexual gratification from any of the girls in spa it wont arrest you.
. No, you will not be in trouble if you are not found at the spot at the time of Police raid on the spa.
Hi, If you are not present on the date of ride then the police will not do anything.