• Original documents from college

I have enrolled in a nursing college in Bangalore, they have taken all my original educational certificates during admission. Now I want to discontinue but the college is not returning my certificates and wants me to pay the full term fees in order to return my documents.
Please advise.
Asked 6 months ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) issue legal notice to college to return your cerrtificate a s you are discontinuing your studies 

2) if they fail to do so file complaint before local police station under section 406 of IPC 

3) in alternative move consumer forum against college for unfair trade practice and seek return of yiur certificates 
You are liable to pay the fee only up to the semester/academic year till you have studied. Issue a lawyer's notice to the college for return of documents, and file a suit for injunction if the documents are not returned even after the notice from your lawyer.
Send a notice to college to return your certificate. If the college authorities are not ready to return back then file a case before consumer forum against college. It is your duty to pay the fees if you are studying in the college.In the instance of discontinuation the college also face some loss.
Hi, Ask the college to return the original documents in writing and sent the same by way of RPAD. If they fail to return the same they you have to lodge a police complaint and also issue legal notice and also file consumer complaint against the school.
the college cannot compel you to pay the entire term fees and hold back the original certificates as ransom, this is highly illegal, you can complain to the Director of Medical Education, Government of Karnataka, in addition you can send the principle a legal notice directing them to return back the originals without forcing you to pay the entire term fees, if they do not comply then you can file a consumer complaint against the college and the principal for unfair practices and deficiency in service.
The institution have no rights to retain your original documents for any reason.  They can obtain the original documents only for verification purpose and to return them after verification.
However if you discontinue the curse midway, the institution may suffer loss  also if you signed any bond to not to leave midway or to compensate while leaving midway you are bound by the agreement/bondage.
You may issue a legal demand notice asking for return of your original certificates held illegally  by them and can mention that you will proceed legally either through consumer forum or civil court if they fail to return the documents held by them. 
1) you may get reliefs if you move consumer forum 

2) college cannot insist student pay full fees for the course when they have discontinued college from first year 
You send the legal notice first and see what reply they give for your demand for educational certificates held by them and after that you can proceed legally agaisnt them.
The clause has to be seen as to what it actually says, but even if it does say so it can be challenged as unreasonable and illegal.