• Property deeds

I have a flat in Chennai, it is registered in my name but I don't have a copy of the property title deeds. How can I get a copy of my title deeds showing ownership.
thank you
Asked 10 months ago in Property Law from United Kingdom
1) you can take search in sub registrar office and obtain copy of registered sale deed 
you have to take search in sub registrar office in Chennai where property registration had taken place 
Dear Sir/Madam, you have search the sub-registrar office for the locality of the your property, if you have any registration number of the property details, you can easily search in that sub-registrar. 
C. V. Jadhav
Have you lodged a police complaint for the loss of your sale deed? If the original sale deed has been lost then a police complaint should be lodged, in addition to carrying out a newspaper publication. You can obtain a certified copy of the sale deed from the office of sub-registrar.
A local lawyer would be able to help you.
Visit the nearest of office of the registrar to get the certified copy of the title deed.
Hi, You have to search the documents in the jurisdictional sub-registrar office. If you provide the information like your flat number, area and schedule then you can able to trace out the documents.
1. You can apply for certified copy of the Sale Deed in the jurisdictional Sub Registrar's Office where you registered the property.
2. The certified copy of the Sale Deed is as good as the original one for all practical purposes.
3. You can also get Encumbrance Certificate for the property wherein your ownership is reflected and also any encumbrance or nil encumbrance on the property can be known.
If it is a registered document, you may obtain a certified copy of the same from registrar's office
what & where is a sub registrar's office do I take search in the sub registrar's office? thank you

There are sub-registrar's office at various locations.  You must see that under which area sub-registrar does your property situates or falls within the limit.
1. You can get a certified copy of tha same from the rgistraton office,

2. Lodge a police diary reporting the loss of the original sale deed through which you became the owner of the said property,

3. After lodging the police diary, publish a notice in local two Newspapers informing the said loss of title deed, calling upon people in general not to deal with your properties based on the said lost deed.
1. You shall have to visit the registration office of your area ,

2. Engage a local lawyer or law  clerk to do the above jobs.