• Passport - Change of place of birth - court order

I approached passport office for change of place of birth in passport. It was incorrectly specified by an agent who helped me to get a passport 10 years before. Currently it is specified as Trichy but as per my Birth certificate (issued by Karnataka Chief Registrar of births and deaths) it is Hebbal Bangalore. Passport officer asked me to get a court order for to make this changes. Can you help to obtain a court order.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) you have to contact a local lawyer in bangalore in this regard 

2) since passport office has refused to rectify your place of birth in your passport you have to move court for necessary reliefs 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
42612 Answers
2458 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam, Yes, you can change it through court order, I will do it. You kindly send all the details to me. 
C. V. Jadhav
Advocate, Bangalore
317 Answers
13 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

As per the passport office an affidavit should suffice to get the rectification done in the passport. However if they are insisting on a court order for change of place of birth in the birth certificate I can help you.
You may contact me if you live close by to my office.
Kiran N Murthy, 9341262422, Office located in Indiranagar, bangalore.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
969 Answers
86 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to file a suit in the Court and direction to the pass port authority to change the place of Birth.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4463 Answers
201 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

You need to engage a lawyer for this purpose. A suit will have to be filed to seek binding directions to the passport officer to allow the rectification of error.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22950 Answers
623 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Getting a court is not a joke and that you pay a challan across the counter and get the order from the court after payment.
It is another normal case to be filed with all supporting documents.
Firstly you have to apply in writing to the authorities mentioning your intention to correct the place of birth in the passport, get their reply in writing, approach the competent court with the proof of your birth place seeking to declare your place of birth and direct the passport authority to incorporate the changes on the basis of evidences produced before it.
After obtaining the judgment copy, you may apply to the passport authorities for making necessary correction in your passport. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
32686 Answers
355 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer