1. The said rule has been made for illegal transfer/sale of the flats which gives birth to multiple future litigations. But unfoprtunately it has become a tool in the hand of the Society to extract money from the sellers/fresh buyers in the name of donation amount. If such donations are not given, permission is not granted and people prefer to pay off the donation than going to the Court,
2. Your case id a simple gift deed to your wife,
3. The Gift Deed is perfectly valid,
4. The society can not say that the Gift Deed is invalid,
5. Write to the Registrar of Societies about the said refusal to transfer your share in the name of your wife,
6. You can file a declaratory suit also praying for a declaration that your wife is the bonafide owner of the said property and also a direction upon the society to transfer your share in the Society in her name.