• How can I safeguard myself and parents from my wife who is harassing

Hi m a govt(teaching faculty) servant.i married in 2014 and i hv kid about one year. since last 6 months my wife is simply making allegation about me that i hv some sexual contact with others lady faculty who is working with me and badly blaming my parents abt they are supporting me to do that.whenever m late to home or went for some meeting outside of campus see has doubt abt i had with her n enjoying with my colleague n all.she is a house wife.i tried lot to convince her that there is no such any habits or irregularities i have so that u hv doubting me.i also requested her parents n other relatives to convince her in positive sense but they are also supporting her.bcz of this mentally n physically me n parents bcm totally panic n harassed.no owners are ready to give there home on rent to me bcz of her abuse words n shouting like anything.she also not caring my baby properly.bcz of this i sent her to her fathers house but after one month she came back n continuing same thing.
plz now suggest me waht can i do.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Gulbarga, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
1) record all her allegations 

2) file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty

3)making false allegations that husband is having extra marital affair amounts to mental cruelty 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50958 Answers
3032 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, It is better both of you go for marriage counselor and counseling will help you to  solve the problem amicably.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4577 Answers
209 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The suspicious lady cannot be made alright for ever.  Her suspicions will grow everyday and she will make life hell not only for you but for herself too.   She wont be knowing what she is doing at the time of great fit of anger. She may even become very violent if she is being confronted.  She will become uncontrollable  and may abuse or assault anyone who comes in her way while is shouting at you and picking up quarrels due to her suspicions. This habit of suspecting your genuineness has become a mindset in her and had been engraved at the bottom of her heart so it will be very hard to cure this disease.  Suspecting a husband is no doubt a woman's typical character but if the same is crossing the limit then there won't be peace in the home. 
You have two options, one is to take her to a psychiatrist for counselling  but the problem is that she may not continue the treatment, so this option may not be successful, the second option i to divorce her by a decree of divorce through court of law on the grounds of mental and physical cruelty.  
The ball is in your court to decide.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
41251 Answers
451 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

get me the legal opinion about solving this

Hope the above opinion and suggestions given in my previous answer was useful to you?
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
41251 Answers
451 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are free to apply for dissolution of marriage on the ground of cruelty by your spouse. During the subsistence of marriage she has the right to reside in her matrimonial home. You are also free to file a case for child custody if you are better placed than her to provide and secure the welfare of your child.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you want to divorce her then you may file a divorce case against her before family court/district court u/s 13(1)(ia) of Hindu marriage Act-1955 along with an application u/s 26 of HMA for child custody.

if there is any chance to save this marriage then try otherwise fight the case on merit.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4941 Answers
232 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

false allegation about extra marital affair constitutes a ground of divorce. you can file divorce petition on this ground. but you have to talk with some elders of her family and try to settle this issue amicably. your mother can file a case under domestic violence act for seeking protection order and accommodation order. against her daughter in law. then your wife cannot create any drama in the certain portion of your house. you should restrict her to live in a separate portion of the home. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5067 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer