• I need a help

Hello i am 38 years old. i have a 2 year baby. i have problem with my mother in law. she never misses a chance to assault me in front of others always. always abuses me and my parents without any cause. i am a working lady , so already i have a lot of workload and tension not only in the job-front but also rearing a kid than household work. i am getting mental harassment every moment staying at home. somewhere it is affecting my child also as he has autism syndrome.  my husband always seems to be helpless in-front of his mother. i am finding it very difficult to stay alive. my only worry is about my son, as he is growing up and such a disturbing environment should not affect him. I have got depression also. i  am not getting any way to come out of this condition.  shall i approach to any lawyer or I shall file a case against my mother in law. what shall i do? pls. suggest and help.
Asked 8 months ago in Family Law from Guwahati, Assam
1) move out of your matrimonial home 

2)  ask your husband to take alternative accommodation on rent 

3) if husband refuses file DDV case against MIl and husband and seek maintenance for child , compensation for mental torture undergone by you , custody of child , alternative accommodation 
you will ruin your life by continuing to stay with your MIL .

it will worsen your mental health if you continue to stay with your MIL 
Hello ,
1) You can either file a police complaint against your mother in law or file a case in the Magistrate court under provisions of Protection of Women against domestic violence 2005 against your mother in law. It is advisable to engage a local lawyer to assist you with the procedure in the  court.
1) Your husband being conscious of other people's thinking should not deter you from protecting yourself from the atrocities of your mother in law. The husband not taking a Stand in your ill treatment is an act of cruelty on his part.

2) You can temporarily take up residence elsewhere and include your husband's name in the DV petition. You can seek compensation, maintenance  and residence.
Hi, From your narration it is my considered opinion  that you can stay away from your mother-in-law so that you could get relief.
 I have got depression also. i  am not getting any way to come out of this condition.  shall i approach to any lawyer or I shall file a case against my mother in law. what shall i do? pls. suggest and help.

You may first try to set up a nuclear family by coming out of your mother in law's house and setting up your own house with your husband.
Your husband should be convinced to come out of the house owing to the aggravating situation in his house due to which the problems develop every day.
If your mother in law is beyond control or her tortures are not tolerable anymore, you can lodge a police complaint about her criminally intimidating activities besides filing a domestic violence case against her. 
The above suggestion may keep her under a check.
My husband is very much conscious about society so is it OK to bear all and get more and more depressed in the name of society and family? Or shall I move to somewhere else?

As suggested earlier you may move out of the house and look for a separate house even if your husband is not willing to join you to come out of his house. 
First step out of the house for the safety of your child and yourself and then prevail upon your husband compelling him  to join you.
The remedy for you is to file a case for domestic violence against your MIL to seek the right to protection to restrain her from subjecting you to further acts of domestic violence within and outside the four corners of your matrimonial home. You are free to move out of your matrimonial home. Alternatively, you may claim alternate accommodation from your husband in dv proceedings.
you can file a complaint before the judicial magistrate first class for seeking protection order and accommodation order, under section 19/20/22 of domestic violence act. 

if you cannot file that complaint you can send a letter to the protection officer, he can file such complaint or take an action under the domestic violence act for your  protection from domestic violence.