• Adoption

My Father, Manish SHethna was dead on 14th december 1991. then My Mother, SHital Dudhwala(Shital Shethna,before second marriege) married again on 11 oct 1997. My born was on 27 oct 1989. so legally i was child of my first father. Still my second father is not legally adaopted me. my mother & my second father want to adopt me . At now i m 26 n married also???

will i adopted to second father?
will my name been change by parth manish shethna to parth vijay dudhwala???
pls give me suggestion???
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Surat, Gujarat
1) you cannot be adopted at age of 26 

2) your mother could have given you in adoption to your step father provided you were not above 15 years of age 

1.no, you can not adopted now, only minor can be adopted.
2. name can be changed after give a publication notice in two Leading newspaper.

you cannot be adopted at this age.   Age of adopted son shall not be more than 15 years at the time of adoption

HI 
No . 
technically no one can adopt you as your are now 26 years. 
for adoption the age limit is 18 years. 

After a person has crossed the age of 15 years he cannot be adopted unless there is a specific custom to the contrary in his community. So dig up a custom in your community which provides for adoption even after 15 years if you want to be adopted.

will i adopted to second father?
Yes, you can be adopted by second father. 
Yes, your name will be changed to Vijay Dhuhwala
pls give me suggestion???
I do not whether married persons can be adopted or not.  If you are really interested, I will let you know within two or three days. 
Ravinder Pasula

If at all your stepfather wanted to adopt you as his son, he should have done it during the age of your minority.  An adult person cannot be adopted.
Even if he wants to adopt you now, the law will not permit to adopt an adult.  Adoption is only for child and not for an adult.