• Divorce

My husband to leave me.I  have a 1 year baby, my inlaws burned my educational certificate,  Job experience certificate and govt document like passport etc. 
Also taken my jewellery dresses etc
They have always given me a threat of he getting married to someone else. 
They verbally abused me and my parents. 
Character assassination was done by them too. Never took any responsibility of the child. 
Kindly advice the IPCS I can file against my husband and inlaws.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
1) file complaint under section  498A , 406 of IPC against your husband and in laws for continuous acts of cruelty, refusal to return your streedhan , destroying your educational certificates etc

2) also file DV case and seek alternative accommodation , maintenance for child , compensation for mental torture undergone by her 

3) you can also file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41483 Answers
2377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file criminal complaints for theft, criminal intimidation and criminal breach of trust against them. On your complaint police can search their premises to recover all your stolen articles. You are also free to file for divorce on the ground of cruelty and also seek maintenance for yourself and your child from your husband. Compensation for domestic violence suffered by you can also be sought.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
618 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File case u/s487A, 406, 326 OF IPC.
2. File case under PWDV Act as well for maintenance of the child and yourself.
3.In the said Act apply for residence order in the same house.
4.Do not agree for divorce.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
11652 Answers
146 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File case in nearest police station where you live with your child a domestic violence case. The police will definitely act and arrest the culprits. If police dont act, file a domestic violence case in court. The court will order for arrest of culprits.
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
1202 Answers
136 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You need to first of all file a DV petition under provisions of Protection of Women against Domestic Violence Act 2005. You can seek protection, maintenance for yourself and the child, residence, compensation for the tortures etc.

2)You can file police complaint besides destruction of the documents and the criminal intimidation.

3) All you need to do is to engage a lawyer to assist you who will guide you through the procedures to be followed and secure your rights.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2218 Answers
105 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

323/406/498A/504/506/509 of  IPC will be applicable against them.

maintenance case u/s 125 of crpc can be filed.

domestic violence case may be filed.

divorce case may be filed
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4641 Answers
210 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer