• After 35 years can any legal have rights in sold property

My dad purchased. Land in1972 from one A , from 1980 all revenu records stand in my dads name in 1995 he expired leving behind me i have obtained mutation in my name ,since we are postion from1972.  Some legal heir of deceased A asking share inthis property.  So they have any rights or not
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) what is the basis of claim by the legal heir ? 

2) what was he doing for 35 years ? 

3) claim of legal heir is barred by limitation 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44497 Answers
2589 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

After the sale the seller ceases to have any right, title or interest in the property, so no succession devolves on his heirs. The heirs of seller can claim a share in the property only if they can prove that the property was ancestral or that the sale deed had not been validly executed.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

12 years is the statutory limitation for seeking or making any claim on property. You and your dad have been in possession of the property since more than 30 years, mutation is also in your name. the legal heir who ever is making any claim, just reject it, if he wants to move court then let him do it. Don't bother, but at any cost do not let go of your physical possession over the property.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
987 Answers
86 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, If the land was dully transferred through registered sale deed then legal heirs of "A" has no right to claim share in the property.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4538 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The claim of the legal heir of deceased 'A' is barred by limitation and he has no right to claim the property now that too after a lapse of 44 years from the date of completion of sale.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1623 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have proper registered  sale deed conferring the title, you need not worry about it, let them file any case, they cannot succeed.  There is a land mafia running clandestinely in Bangalore indulging in such anti social and illegal activities.  These people may also be a part of sch gang, so just do not be worried if you have all the papers properly and the property is in your possession. 
Even if your sale deed was not registered, he law of adverse possession operates, hence there is nothing to be worried about it. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34630 Answers
373 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer