• Property case

There is a case on my father. He is an exservicemen. He was part of movement led by exservicemen to provide land for them. He was one of the participant who was booked for occupying govt land. They had built tents in the govt land demanding the land allocation for exservicemen.
NOW This case has been for almost 5 year. 
The father wants to travel to Melbourne, for attending his daughter house warming ceremony.
How can he get the Visa/required authorization for travel
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
He can file a request or permission from the IO, Investigation officer who is incharge of the case. If for some political or other reason the permission is not granted, your father can seek permission from the court directly.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
987 Answers
86 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) has any restrictions  been imposed by the court on your father travel? 

2) if no restrictions imposed your father is free to travel to australia
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44368 Answers
2577 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Your father has to move to court for permission and an order .for the purpose of visa and police verification.
If your father had to avail a bail and any restriction of his travel ling to abroad is put a sa condition , he has to approach the court with a simple application requesting for court permission to attend the function.
In the application he should mention the reason for the travel, duration of his stay, date an d travel details of his flight etc as possible information should be given to the court.

In case there are no conditions imposed by the court and his passport has not been deposited in the court he does not need any permission from the court to travel .
Regarding the Visa and police verification he will need the court order allowing him to travel if any FIR and charge sheet against him.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1510 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Visa is sanctioned by the embassy of the country to which you wish to travel, so the courts within the country cannot direct the embassy of another country to grant visa to your father. However, if passport is refused on the ground of pendency of a criminal case then your father can move the High Court against the decision of Regional Passport Authority (RPA).
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can request the court to grant permission to travel abroad for daughter house warming ceremony.

2. Normally court will grant permission to travel  abroad in the above circumstances.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4530 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If the father was not booked for any serious offences and also if there is no restriction from any court of law barring him fro travelling abroad during the pendency of the case, he may very well travel abroad.If there is no pending case, then he may travel at his will and wish.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34540 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer