• Marriage objection

One of my cousin married in registrar office 3 to 4 months back without knowing any family members..... both are major... now they living with there families, means she living with her family members and he, his family members.... how to object this marriage and easy way to get divorce.... Please help, his mother and sis very depress from this matter please help....
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Hubli Dharwad, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
without the consent of the parties of marriage divorce is not possible. both are major and marriage is legal until and unless objected by any party of marriage either by boy or by girl.

Feel Free to Call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) since both are consenting adults they are free to marry . 

2) your cousin can file for divorce after expiry of one year of marriage .

3) it is only in exceptional circumstances your cousin can file for divorce before expiry of one year 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44362 Answers
2575 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Except the parties nobody can raise objection to the marriage.
2. If the parties want they can seek mutual divorce to dissolve the marriage.
3. Before expiry of one year from the date of marriage no mutual divorce is possible.
4. If parties want the marriage to survive do not oppose their relationship.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12536 Answers
161 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, once the marriage is registered before the Sub-Registrar office it is deemed that they are husband and wife now you can't object their marriage.

2. Both the spouse has to wait upto 1 year thereafter only they can file a petition for divorce on the ground of mutual consent, provided both the parties has to agree for the  divorce.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4530 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

if both are Hindu and marriage solemnise according to rituals or valid ceremonies prevailing in their family then it is a valid marriage and except in certain condition divorce petition cannot be entertained by the court within 1 year of marriage. 

They cannot get mutual divorce, there is only one way to get divorce i.e. file application under article 142 before the supreme court. 
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4973 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

how to object this marriage and easy way to get divorce.... Please help, his mother and sis very depress from this matter please help....

They both have married each there and their marriage has been registered. So nothing can be done at this stage to object their marriage or get them separated from the marriage binding.They may have to wait for completion of one year period to even file a petition for mutual consent divorce to dissolve their marriage by a decree of divorce through a court of law.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34510 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You do not have the legal right to object to the marriage. If your cousin is not getting alone with his wife then both of them may file for mutual divorce after a year from the date of marriage. Filing of divorce before a year from marriage is not permissible.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer