Lost aadhar card and related concern
I recently lost my aadhar card physical copy. These days you can see a lot of cases on TV for misuse of identity particularly for buying sim cards. Is there any process to know if my aadhar card is being misused? I have already registered an FIR.
I currently reside outside India and if such issue occur can police create problems for me.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Gurgaon, Haryana
Your complaint with regards to the lost of aadhar card before the police station will save you from future problems if any one misused the Aadhar.
1) since you have already lodged an FIR about loss of Aadhar card you are safe
2) yiu can download duplicate Aadhar card if original is lost
3) you must be having Aadhar number or enrolment number visit the Aadhar card portal in this regard
Your fears about misuse of identity cards like Aadhar or PAN card etc is but natural.
However you can be rest assured since you have already reported the loss to the police station and got a FIR registered in this connection.
You may apply for duplicate Aadhar card through online also with the help of the number of lost card or even on the registration number.
Thank you for the reply.
I have registered online FIR in delhi. I hope that is as valid as going to a police station and registering.
Also, I had one more concern, since I currently live out of India for some assignment, can I called continually back by authorities if some misuse happens.
Asked 2 years ago
A FIR whether registered online or offline is a valid document.
Please keep a copy of the FIR in your possession to produce the same in the event of any future untoward unforeseen incidence.
You may also secure the evidence of your immigration details so that in the event of the Aadhar card being misused, this evidence will help you corroborate your statements in defence.
Due to previous application FIR you are not continuously called by the police .
Since you have already registered the FIR it protects you against misuse of your aadhar card by any individual. If some misuse does take place then the police will contact you on its own.
1) online police complaint would be valid
2) if any mis use happens police will issue notice to record your statement
A. Once you lost any original documents that you need to lodge police complaint and get endorsement with respect to the same for your security purpose.
B. Thereafter, you need publish in the local news paper to avoid legal hassels from police department if any problems occured.
C. Send a mail to Adhar link concerned department for further action.
1. It is not possible to know whether your said document is being or has been misused or not till the culprit is caught,
2. You have already reported the matter to the police which is a right step taken by you,
3. You can publish a notice in local Newspaper about the said loss of your Adhar Card for public viewing,
4. If any police case comes against you at a later date, the said current actions of yours will be of great use in your defense at that time.
It depends on the offence committed. You will not be continuously called from abroad in normal course. Police will investigate on the matter from you and at that time your FIR and public notice will be of great help in your defense.
as per your question already you register a FIR now your are on safer side you keep that acknowledgement of online file registered the FIR .you will get the FIR Number.you can show the reference if some one misuse your Aadhar Card you can show the FIR number
if you have the copy of your documents then immediately file an online complaint to issuing authority too with the no. of your Aadhar card.
Advocate, New Delhi