• About marriage

Hello Sir,

Lipika here from Bangalore my  age is 23.my engagement was done with a guy on may 5th 2015.but i don't want to marry him so m running with a guy whom i love his age is 28yrs.and my parents are not ready with this they are not accepting.
so my question is can i marry with him whom i love if i will marry him in arrya samaj is it OK.
and my parents have my engagement pics with them,can they will fired any case against me and my boyfriend whom i want to marry,is it will impact anything kindly let me know its a bit urgent sir.

Lipika
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) yiu should call off your engagement before you marry your boy friend 

2) courtesy demands that you inform your fiancée that you love another man and want to marry him 

3) yiu can then marry your boy friend 

4) since you are adult you are free to take your own decisions 

5) if your parents file any kidnapping case against your boy friend you should inform the police that you married your boy friend as per your own free will 

6) you can also lodge complaint with state commission of women that you are being forced to marry against your wishes 

Hi, you are a major and aged about 23 years so you can marry any person of your choice.

2. No body has no right to force you to marry some one against your will.

3. Your parents can't do anything.

4. It is my advise go for registered marriage so that both you are safe and as per law.

1. Since both of you are adults, you are at liberty to select the partner of your choce
2. Please inform the facts to the guy with whom the engagement is over, so that he should not feel deceived.
3. Get your marriage registered in the Sub Registrar's office and obtain marriage certificate.
4. Armed with marriage certificate, no force on earth can separate you both.
5. If need be you can take protection from Police Dept.
6.  Also inform your parents and convince them about the change in decision subsequent to the engagement and take parents' blessings.

Engagement does not create any legal rights over the parties and hence it can be cancelled at will by either of the parties.
So your parents can not bring any action against wither of you.
Since you are marrying then you better get married in a temple and then register the marriage. Marriage in a temple is equally valid.

Dear Madam, you are major in age, you crossed 18 years of age but you will think again and again to marry with your boy friend, he will maintain to you all way in respect of to run the family in social, economical and legal, if you have confidence on him to he will faces all these things in present and future. You think twice, twice, twice.... yes you can marry if you have confidence on him....naturally your parents to oppose and they may be file the criminal case on your boy friend for kidnapping case and etc... any way best of luck.
C. V. Jadhav

1. Thy can not sue your friend under any circumstances since you are not yet married to the person you have been engaged with,

2.First of all you shall have to inform the said man that you want to break the engagement since you were forced to be engaged with him. This is the correct way since that man is innocent and should not be humiliated later on,

3.After that get married in Arya Samaj temple and get the said marriage registered before the Court,

4. Write a letter to the local police informing that you have married your friend of your own wish and left your house willingly. Attach your marriage certificate alongwith the letter,

5. If your father lodes any complaint against your newly husband, you shall have to inform the police that yu have married him of your own will as has been written in your earlier letter.

1. When has the marriage date been fixed?

2. If it is more than one month then you can file an application for marriage before the local marriage registrar and get a registrd marriage without going to Arya Samaj and getting the temple marriage registered before he Court.

Yes, there is nothing wrong in eloping the house if the parents are against your love and marriage.  You can get married through Arya Samaj too.

No they cannot do anything like that, it will be illegal.

its a bit urgent sir. i want to run and marry him.can i so?My parents can do anything with us or what please let me know.
You both can elope the house and get yourselves surrendered before a police station seeking their protection from any possible onslaughts.

1. Since you have attained the marriageable age you are at liberty to marry a man of your choice and reside with him wherever you desire. Engagement can be broken at anytime as it does not bind you to marry the man you are engaged to.

2. Your parents may file a FIR for kidnapping and unlawful detention against your boyfriend in which event both of you should apply for anticipatory bail to preempt your arrest. Your mere statement should be sufficient to repel the adverse consequences which may ensue from the complaint filed by your parents. You can also seek protection in advance from the High Court if you are apprehending harassment.

1) you can marry your boy friend if you so desire as both are adults and free to take their own decisions 

2) your parents may file kidnapping case against your husband 

3) in case such complaint is filed you can submit wrtitten staement to police that you married your husband as per your own wishes