• About love marriage procedure

I want to do love marriage, and want to know the procedure how to quickly get married in 2 days legally. I have heard that it is possible through arya samaj marriage act and its also legal ? we get a marriage certificate as well . There after I can get it registered in court of law.

Please guide me of the correct procedures.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
1. If you are in a hurry and do not wish to wait for more than 2 days to get married then the only option is to marry in a temple (which is what you call Arya Samaj marriage) and thereafter you can apply for marriage registration. 

2. The alternative to above is to marry under Special Marriage Act which is a ling drawn process spanning over 45 days. You will have to file an application for intent to marry whereupon a notice would be issued to your residential house to invite objections within 30 days. If no objections are filed or the objections are cured and you  bring 2 witnesses to the office of marriage registrar on the appointed date then you will be declared as married, 
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can get married in arya samaj 

2) written application has to be submitted by both he bride and bridegroom and then marriage date has to be fixed a week later 

3) MP high court has directed The management should inform both sets of parents by a registered intimation the date and time of the proposed ceremony as also to the police station and district collector in whose jurisdiction the would-be groom and bride reside.

4) The judge said that at least five relatives from each side should be present at the time of the marriage.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Well, registration of marriage is equally fast under special marriage act as well. However there is no harm in Arya samaj marriage certificate.
2. If you perform Hindu marriage rituals in temple and keep witness and photographs of the same, it is equally effective.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12818 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A marriage which has already been solemnised can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.  Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus,  or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, the marriage is registered under The Special Marriage Act, 1954.
1.	Religious Marriage Ceremony
2.	Civil Marriage Ceremony

Section 5 of The Hindu Marriage Act specifies that conditions must be met for a marriage to be able to take place. If a ceremony takes place, but the conditions are not met, the marriage is either void by default, or voidable.
Section 7 of the Hindu Marriage Act recognises that there may be different, but equally valid ceremonies and customs of marriage. As such, Hindu marriage may be solemnized in accordance with the customary rites and ceremonies of either the bride or the groom. These rites and ceremonies include the Saptapadi and Kreva.
A marriage cannot be registered unless the following conditions are fulfilled:
1.	a ceremony of marriage has been performed; and
2.	the parties have been living together as husband and wife.
3.	Additionally, the parties must have been residing within the district of the Marriage Officer for a period of not less than thirty days immediately preceding the date on which the application is made to him for registration.

So in your case you have to  produce genuine documents/certificates like birth Certificate and residential certificates, a simple affidavit and a few photographs. It generally takes 2-3 hours to solemnize the marriage. A certificate is provided by the Arya Samaj Mandir. On this certificate, the married couple can also register his marriage in marriage registration office/court later.

Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2766 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Arya Samaj Marriage is applicable amongst all religion. The minimum age for getting married is 21yrs for the groom and 18 yrs for the bride. Arya Samaj Marriages solemnize  in just one hour, only you need to take all the documents or things required at time. The wedding is conducted according to Arya Marriage rituals.
Marriage procedure is very simple and sweet but you must have to fill all the formalities as well as book the mandir in advance.You have to register in that office, and submit along with other necessary requisites of the office.After the successful registration or submission they will give a date for your marriage in prior .Go to the mandir at desired date,there must be some in charge of all these things.After solemnization of marriage they will give you a marriage certificate which makes you legal husband and wife.

Documents required for the Solemnization of Marriage in Arya Samaj Mandir :-

Affidavit:	(Affidavit must be attested by Magistrate/S.D.M. or Notary Public with  Register Entry No.)
Age Proof:	(Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate,) one of these.
Residence Proof:	(Voter I.card, Driving Licence, Matriculation Certificate, Passport) (one of these).
Photograph:	(7-7 Passport size photo ) Boys & Girl both.
Witness:	Two Witness With Voter I.card, Driving Licence,  Passport,2 Passport size photo (one of these)
Divorced:	If any party is divorcee – Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
Death Certificate:	If any party is widow / widower – Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
Other Country :	No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA. Required for Only Other Country Marriage
Things:	Mangalshutra, 2-Jaimala, 2kg Sweets.
Hope the above information was useful.
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
35651 Answers
386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, if you married under arya samaja and if they issue the certificate then on the basis of the certificate you can register your marriage.

2. Procedure for after marriage registration is very simple and can register your marriage with in 2 hours before the Sub-Register.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You can get married in an Arya Samaj Temple by following the customs and rites duly following the rule of the Temple,

2. You will get a certificate of marriage from the said Temple,

3. There after you can register the said marriage in a Court of Law or conduct registry marriage separately by giving notice.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18471 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer