• Does police really work

There is a case happens near to my door ...
There was a family having marriage dispute between husband and wife now wife drunk phynl herself a now blaming her mother in law and brother in law that they done intentionally now police arrested them and they are continuously saying they hvnt done this now what will happen to that family will real police also works and invastigate the matter like television police or they will present charsheet for dowry harrasment and domestic Voilence.
Asked 5 years ago in Family Law from Jaipur, Rajasthan
Religion: Hindu

They should try to get bail and face the trial by producing proper evidence to prove they are innocent.

Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
408 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) it has to be proved that on account of continuous harassment from husband and in laws wife was forced to attempt suicide

2) husband and in laws have to obtain bail from courts and contest case on merits

3) police will carry out investigations and based on results of investigations charge sheet would be filed

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
58467 Answers
3534 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, they have to get bail from the court and under normal circumstances the court will grant bail.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4584 Answers
219 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

if they have done now wrong then nothing to worry. They will not be convicted on completion of trial.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
15739 Answers
218 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Honestly speaking. I can not confirm you that police always act judiciously & honestly,

2. The accused shall have to engage a lawyer and take bail and also further contest the case,

3. The police will or is expected to investigate honestly without being influenced and file investigation report based on which charge sheet will be filed. The I.O. may also submit report accordingly if he finds that the accused persons had no roll in the incidence,

4. However, they shall have to contest the case fittingly to save themselves from the accusations levelled against them.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
21342 Answers
545 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

at present option with them to apply for bail. regarding police you will come to after sometime

Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Actually the constitution of our India is like that, that once any person has been blamed for some offence he will have to face the trial, cause our laws based on constitution provides this system that if someone is filing an FIR against another person for some offence conducted towards him, than police agency shall have to investigate and if on prima facie it seems to investigating officer that some offence has been conducted, then he will file the charge sheet against accused, and further if he is innocent then at the stage of trial he will have to show his innocence by the way of cross examination of witnesses or producing his defense etc.

I dont want to go with the issue of corps, that how they are.

Mahesh Vyas
Advocate, Bikaner
29 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

Dear Querist

it is the duty of police to collect evidence of the case and present before the court to get the justice to victim and punished the accused. at the time of arresting , before the arresting or after arresting the accused as alleged by the wife that her husband and mother in law the Investigating officer is duty bound to search the truth of the case and reliability of the statement of the victim/complaint of the victim, through documentary evidence or statement of neighbors, parents of victim, past record or complaints. as per the case. if after all these activities the police got sufficient evidence to prosecute the accused then the police submit chargesheet before court otherwise submit Final report before the court.

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
5139 Answers
245 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer