• Name correction in 10th marksheet CBSE

I passed 10th in 2008.I noticed that the spelling of my name was wrong and i went to cbse regional office,chennai in 2009. There i submitted my relevent xerox copies asked by them. The correction was not made i my certificates were issued through post to my home. Then i went to head office in Delhi may 2015.they asked me to lodge a complaint in regional office(chennai) and when they forward it to main office,they will do the correction.then again i went to chennai regional office in june 2015 and i submitted again my certificates.they told me that i will be receiving a letter from the regional office in 15 days,but i haven't received any response from the board yet. I got my name correct in 12th,btech certificates,except in my 10th marksheet.please help me.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
1. What you require is a court order to CBSE directing it to carry out the rectification of the mistake in the marksheet.

2. You should file a lawsuit against CBSE to seek the correction to be carried out.

3. A lawyer's notice can be issued before filing the case.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


AMENDED RULE 69.1(ii):   Application for correction in name/surname will be considered only within two years of the date of declaration of result provided  the application
of the candidate is forwarded with the following documents:

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

2) since you have submitted application within period of 2 years corection in name should have been done 

3) file RTI application with board as to why correction not done for period of 6 years 

4) if no response received you will have to move HC by means  of writ to direct CBSE to correct name in your X std mark sheet
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44439 Answers
2582 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The better solution is move to high court and file a writ petition for directing the competent person to correct the name with in a time framed manner.
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You may write to the same office on the basis of the recently corrected documents to get your 10th certificates also to be corrected and this communication be sent by registered post with acknowledgment due card. If you dont get a reply, then apply for the status through RTI act and after that on the information so obtained you may initiate proper legal action to get your name corrected in 10th certificate. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34568 Answers
372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, fist submit a memorandum to the CBSE, if they failed to correct the name then you have to file a suit for correction in change of name.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4535 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

issue a legal notice through your counsel against the CBSE board along with the detail of your communications, if they are not ready to resolve the issue then file a civil suit against them before civil court.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer