• Marital problem

i am married to a defence officer. its been almost 5 years since we married. its our second marriage. we never had any cordial relations with each other since the beginning of our marriage and its a love marriage. my husband changed immediately after our marriage. but somehow i kept on managing. now for the past one month he is staying in a guest room, after a small altercation, leaving me in our govt allotted house. I requested him several times to come back but all the times he refused saying he needs time to think over it. Please advice me what should  do? Thank you
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Dear Querist
As per my opinion try to settle the matter amicably with the help of elders and relatives and save your marriage. 
If there is no hope for the reconciliation then mutual consent divorce is better option for both of you. 
Feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4543 Answers
208 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

it is suggested that both visit a marriage counsellor to resolve your differences. to make marriage work both need to compromise
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40179 Answers
2280 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Have you ever tried to settle dispute/difference through elders and relatives? what are possibilities for the same? Try to save your marriage by settlement.If it is impossible then divorce is the option for which again try to make it with mutual consent,the least time taking and easiest way.Fell free to call,if so desire.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1. It is you who will have to call the shot.
2. It is advisable that you engage him in talk and try to resolve this dispute , if any. It is more personal that any other things.
3. However  if you decide to part ways than try to go for mutual divorce in lieu of permanent alimony.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
11224 Answers
140 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Marriage is give and take policy.  Both have to ignore minor differences to save the marriage.  Talk to your husband to resolve the difference of opinions.  Last option would be to go for Mutual consent divorce.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1531 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

what is the real issue between both of you
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

try to solve your issues amicably , take help of marriage councilar. if still problem exists than you can go for mutual consent divorce
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

1. Give him some more time to think about it and decide,

2. Try to settle the disputes amicably.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
16664 Answers
408 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

query is resolved
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40179 Answers
2280 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer