• Need legal advice

Dear, sir/ mam 
How can i direct file a dv case in court & how much time it takes to proceed? 
And if i want to file Fir through court then what are the procedures of it and from where i can file direct fir?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
Yes,you can by lodging an FIR under 498a IPC or Sec.12 of Domestic Violence Act in a Police station where you were last residing with husband or you can file a case in the Judicial Magistrate Court u/sec.156(3) charge with sec 498a IPC or sec.12 of the Domestic violence Act.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
384 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Please engage a local lawyer who will prepare, file and argue for admission etc. in the court of MM. You can get interim maintenance and other relief even ex-parte. So far time to conclude of the case is concerned, it depends on so many factors, hence can not be told.However, for final disposal it may take roughly 2years.For any more information or legal help ,you may call through this site, if so desire.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

file complaint in women cell alomg with complaint under DV act in the court of Metropolitan Magistrate
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

You may file a complaint under DV Act in court at the place where you reside. In this complaint you may seek protection and residence from your husband. DV cases are tried in an expeditious manner. 

Court has the authority to direct the police to register FIR. You may move to the local court for registration of FIR.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file dv ACT COMPLAIN ANY TIME, for FIR you can approach court under 156(3) crpc
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

1) Dv case can be filed before Metropolitan magistrate . 

2) it takes around 5 years to be disposed of 

3) for complaints of dowry harassment you can file FIR in local police station
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44153 Answers
2561 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer