• Need help regarding degree certificate

Madam/sir
I completed my btech in 2012.Got final year marksheet and degree certificate on 12/08/12 but in my marksheet one subject was wrongly printed which I corrected from university on 27/08/15.Now I have interview in Sbi on 8 September but the problem is my final year marksheet and degree certificate show different dates.whether it will cause any problem in interview.if yes then what is the solution.
thank you.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Haldwani, Uttarakhand
1) it will not cause any problems in your interview 

2) you can explain that although you passed out of B Tech in 2012 one subject was wrongly printed and hence rectification was done in mark sheet in 2015 
1) The difference in dates in the mark sheet and the Degree certificate should not cause a problem as there is a valid reason for the difference.

2) In case some one raises a question about it you can provide an affidavit or undertake to provide an affidavit explaining the circumstances the mark sheet had to be reissued with necessary corrections.

3) If you do not have a copy of the old mark sheet with the error you may have to get a letter from the University affirming the changes incorporated in the mark sheet.
1. Why should you face any problem on this account?

2. If questioned, explain the reason for getting the corrected degree  certificate on a different date,

3. You should attend the said interview with all your documents as evidence of the said correction.
If you have a valid / original certificate in your hand then no issue will rise at the time of interview.You give the reason why the difference of dates reflect in your certificate and mark sheet. 

Please correct the dates as soon as possible .
1. It is not necessary to give an affidavit  at all,

2. Tell the interview board the reason for a different date in your mark sheet since it is a corrected mark sheet issued later on after incorporating the correction.
1) you can if you so desire make an affidavit explaining the reasons why mark sheet is of 2015 

2) university made a mistake in your mark sheet which has been duly rectified 

3) no need to worry 
It is not necessary to make an affidavit giving reasons for this difference in dates of the certificate to that of the marks  sheet.  You can keep both the previous erroneous marks sheet and the the rectified one together which will speak for itself about the difference and in the event of you required to give an explanation, you may give it in writing the reasons for this and to substantiate your expression, both the copies may be attached to your letter and if necessary you may given an affidavit or undertaking to this effect.  
1. The degree has to show the date on which it was issued whereas the marksheet is to reflect the date on which the result was declared.

2. The discrepancy in the dates in the degree and marksheet may cause problem for you. You should write to the university to rectify the error, failing which you can sue the university for abdicating its duty.

3. An affidavit may or may not be accepted by the employer.
Hi sir/madam, you do not worry about it. You have explained it if asking or raising the question about it. otherwise keep silence. If you want your satisfaction, you shall make a affidavit for the same and to produce at the time of Interview, it is the best... u will do it... best of luck.
C. V. Jadhav