1. As advised here, jurisdiction will be in Maharashtra not Punjab. Do we have to hire lawyer in Maharashtra to handle this case OR a lawyer from other state/city can be hired ? How would the court dates/ commute shall be billed and performed if we hire an outsider lawyer.
It is a mutual arrangement between the lawyer and his client. If a lawyer is brought from other place, it becomes the duty of the client to bear the conveyance expenses and other incidentals besides the sitting fees towards the lawyer.
2. Do we ( Me, my elder brother, my mother) have to travel to Maharashtra to attend court dates ?
This being a civil case, it will not become a necessary for them to attend the court on each and every hearing, they may make themselves present during the evidence deposition before the court.
3. Can we also file a cheating, fraud case in Punjab also OR only the case in Maharashtra can be filed ?
Since your mother transferred the shares on his name, where is the offences for cheating? No criminal complaint is maintainable. It will become fatal to your civil case too if you proceed with a criminal complaint against him.
4. My brother is at Singapore, Can I force him to come to India via court Order ?
He can comfortably defend his case through his lawyer without making his presence before the court, his appearance is not necessary, if he chooses to stay away, the court cannot compel his presence.
5. If my brother ignore the summon, After how many summons the judgement is given in our favor ?
If he refuses to receive the summons or chooses to not appear before court or represent through his lawyer after receiving the summons, the court may set him exparte immediately on the next date of hearing itself and upon the plaintiffs deposing heir evidence for exparte decree, the court may pronounce judgement too on the next hearing.
6. If property is sold by my brother meanwhile we work on court injunction, I don't think we can fight with 3rd party. What options we have to Sue our brother ?
If there is no injunction operative, then he may try to sell the property during pendency of the case, in that case the plaintiff may file a petition to imlead the subsequent buyer also as a party to the suit on the basis of the registered sale deed or transaction encumbering the property.
7. Our brother can claim that he received only 40 lakh ( Government rate) instead of 90lakh after sale of property. The sale papers may represent 40lakh instead of 90lakh. So, How can seek share of 90lakh than 40lakh ?
What is your concern about the sale consideration amount, are you interested in getting back your legitimate share in the property or worried about his wrong figures of sale consideration amount, basically you are opposing his acquisition of the property itself, therefore all subsequent activities with regard to the property are illegal as far as you are concerned then what is the concern about the sale consideration amount, this is not going to make any difference t o your claim.
8. Can my brother hire defense attorney and what strategies defense attorney can play to keep us out ?
What do you mean by this?, do you want to bribe the defence counsel to act in your favor, this is illegal, I cannot give any opinion to this nor can I suggest any step to this.