• Marriage between Hindu girl and Muslim boy

Sir i want to know what is the procedure of marriage,and what hurdles girl's father can create. i am a muslim boy age 27 years i love a girl who is Hindu. we have 14 year long relationship last year we spend 2 month together. she is also 26 year old we have decided to marry but her family is forcing her to marry against her will. now please tell me what steps we can take.

thank you so much
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Muslim
Dear Querist
Both of you are major and without changing your religion you can marry as per Special marriage act.
For details procedure you should contact a lawyer personally
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
225 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1.Yes, if both pf you are adult then you can marry each other a per Special Marriage Act.
2. The parents can not lawfully restrain any of you from marrying each other.
3. If they do, you can take police protection.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13128 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can marry the girl  under provisions of  Special marriage A ct . since both are adults parents cannot restrain any of you from marrying each other 

2) The persons intending to register their marriage have to give notice thereof in writing in Triplicate in forms specified under second schedule under Section 5 to the marriage officer of the District in which at least one of the parties to the marriage have reside for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which notice is given.
3) . After the receipt of the notice the marriage officer shall enter a true copy in the marriage notice Book and shall cause the notice to be published in the notice board of his office and also see that the notice is published in the office of the marriage Registrrsa in whose District the parties are permanently residing.
4) . Any person before the expiration of 30 days may make an objection that the marriage contravenes the essential conditions noted above.
5) After the expiry of 30 days of notice the Sub-Registrar shall register the marriage after the Bridegroom and Bride sign a declaration in form specified in
the Third Schedule in the presence of three witness and they should utter in the
language known i(a) take the (b) I take b) to be my lawful wife.
6) The parties may choose any other form like exchanging the Garlands ….etc apart
from the above
7) By this process the marriage is deemed to have been solemnized and the
marriage officer shall enter the particulars in the marriage certificate book and it
will be signed by the partiers to the marriage and Three Witnesses.

8) After the above procedure is over the parties will be issued an extract of the
marriage register.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46684 Answers
2762 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have stated that you both have decided to marry each other which you can do being two adult individuals,

2. However, have you become financially indepemdent to run a family? If not, first take steps to become financially independent first,

3. If both of you are financially independent, get married as per Special Marriage Act,1954,

4. Also take up a rented place at a distance & inform the local police about your marriage by sending copy of your marriage certificate to protect yourself from the future complaint of your father in law against you, if any.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18749 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Learned colleagues have elaborately explained in detail.  Nothing more to add.  Follow as advised.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1648 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If both of you want to get married to each other then you may marry under Special Marriage Act, the procedure whereof has been mentioned in detail by Mr.Sethi.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23097 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer