• I was raped for 6 years by a man who promised he will marry me

I was in relation with a boy and he wanted to get physical with me. I was not ready den he said I m going to marry you. Dont worry I will marry u. I was so stupid and blind .. i went ahead, we were all so good for almost 4 years, den one gal came in our lives and she started liking my boyfriend and he also encouraged her for that, I kept telling him make a decision, if he wants me or her, den he kept telling me I am not in relation with her. Den he started ignoring me and he went in relationship with third gal. and she was pregnant. he said I want to marry this third gal. He kept getting physical with me while he was also in physical relation with this third gal. and now I am feeling cheated and i feel i was raped all these years by promising me of marriage.
I want to file case against him Please help me, I am undergoing a mental stress.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
I understand your plight but legally nothing could be done out of his refusal to marry you.
The supreme court has now make it clear that sex between tow adult persons even if done on the promise of marriage can not be equated with the commission of rape.
You better move on in life by leaving this person. 
No rape case can be filed.
However you can file civil suit for damages but the outcome of it is very slow to come by/
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12502 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file FIRt under 376 IPC,let the court decides on this
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

While I do understand your plight on being cheated by the man in whom you had reposed your absolute trust, there is no legal action that can be brought against him as you consented to having a physical relationship with him. Even though he had lied that he will marry you the sexual relationship came into inception between both of you out of your own free will, which now precludes you from filing any case for damages against him except if there is a written promise by him to marry you. 

Now that you are liberated from this man you should move ahead in life and embrace the beautiful things which come your way.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can go for filing rape case against her& leave uppto court to decide things
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

1) do you have any documentary  evidence that your boy friend promised to marry you and on basis of said promise you have sexual relations with him . 
2) any emails , sms given by your boy friend . 

3) if so  file suit for damages against your boy friend . 

4) The Bombay High Court has ruled that sexual relationship with a woman on a false promise of marriage does not amount to rape 

5)  every act of sexual intercourse between two adults on the assurance of promise of marriage does not become rape, if the assurance or promise is not fulfilled later on by the boy,".

"When a grown up, educated and office-going woman subjects herself to sexual intercourse with a friend or colleague on the latter's promise that he would marry her, she does so at her own peril. She must be taken to understand the consequences of her act and must know that there is no guarantee that the boy would fulfil his promise.

"He may or may not do so. She must understand that she is engaging in an act which not only is immoral but also against the tenets of every religion. No religion in the world allows pre-marital sex
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44209 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I would strongly suggest you to register an FIR with the nearest police station against the boy. If need be please let me know. A statement to the police mentioning the below incident has to be made first; and if any proof exists kindly attach the Xerox copies and get it dispatched.
Adv Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

File a criminal complaint against him under section 376/493 of IPC before police or court.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4791 Answers
219 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer