• Divorce copy required

I got divorced in 2006 in Secunderabad, Telangana and need to obtain a copy of the divorce decree. The document that I had was lost over time due to my frequent relocations. I tried checking the online court records but it came empty. Is there someone who can help me with obtaining this document?
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

You can approach your ex spouse or your lawyer who appeared in the case for certified copy of decree 


in alternative engage lawyer from Secunderabad 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
91274 Answers
6807 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should contact your local lawyer who represented you in the divorce petition. He will be able to get the certified copy of the judgment and decree.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to give GPA attested by Indian Consulate to any friend, relative in Hyderabad. He can obtain certified copy of decree of divorce with the help of Advocate  and send it to you.  

Ravi Shinde
Advocate, Hyderabad
3806 Answers
42 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, You need to apply the Certified copy of the same in which Court you have obtained the decree of divorce. You can't get the orders of the same in online.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5497 Answers
323 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Dear Sir/ Ma'am,

It is brought to your notice that where you filed divorce petition, in that same court only you can get all the documents, and judgment and decree etc. You can get through filing vakalath by lawyer on behalf of you.

Further, If u will provide your MC case number and court hall number, we can apply in the court along with supporting affidavit, we can get new one in the court if that records are available in court.

You can also go to the registrar(In the court office) and apply for a certified copy of the Divorce Decree and Judgement on payment of the nominal fee which should be around Rs. 100/- or 150/- depending on the number of the pages the document will contain.

You can search case details from online search on ecourts website. it is a simple application for obtaining certified copies on payment of requisite fee for photo copy fees the court shall grant you copies.



  • .
  • or visit my account and check the details to contact me.

Anik Miu
Advocate, Bangalore
6694 Answers
74 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can contact either your own advocate or any other advocate practicing in the said court  and apply for certified copy of the divorce decree by providing him all the requisite details of the case.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
81456 Answers
1826 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

We can help you in getting the certified copy of the divorce decree. You can reach us at +[deleted] or [deleted] Thanks.

Aman Shrotriya
Advocate, Rajkot
21 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

- You can get a certified copy from the court , where that divorce decree was granted. 

- If you are unable to approach , then engage someone on your behalf or instruct the same lawyer to apply for getting the same. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
11181 Answers
149 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ans: Please connect with a local advocate or even your previous advocate and ask them to apply for a certified copy of the divorce decree.

Garima Anil Mehrotra
Advocate, Mumbai
514 Answers
1 Consultation

4.9 on 5.0

You can approach me for the same through LinkedIn. I will get it done

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
29605 Answers
121 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer