• Which documents are needed for mutation

My father died without leaving a will. We want to get mutation done in our mother's name. Which documents are needed to be submitted in the municipality for such purpose?
Asked 11 months ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

1) apply for mutation of property in your name 


2) latest receipt of payment of property taxes 


3) death certificate of deceased father 


4) legal heir certificate if demanded by corporation 


5) NOC of other legal heirs 


6) if no objections are received mutation would be done in mother name 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
84381 Answers
5530 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You will need to submit an application along with copy of the death certificate, tax paid receipt, ration card, aadhaar card copy of all the heirs and NOC Affidavit by all the legal heirs permitting the mutation in favour of the mother along with copy of public notice published in 2 dailies.

S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
3348 Answers
159 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Formalities for such things varies in every city. 

In general death certificate, heirship certificate , property papers etc are required. 

Talk to the Municipality officials. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
364 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Latest 7/12 village specimen and property card 

2. If its residential house in a society then share certificate in name of your father is to be transferred in name of your mother and then to be produced before the municipal authorities

3. Documents showing your mother's name as spouse of your father 

4. Pedigree, Ration Card 

5. Death Certificate of your father 

Pooja Ashar
Advocate, Ahmedabad
215 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. First of all all of you shall have to register a release/gift deed conveying your share of the property in favour of your mother and only thereafter the question of mutation of the property in the name of your mother shall arise.


2. The requirements vary from State to State. The basic documents required are the title deed in favour of your mother, the deed deed in favour of your father, father's death certificate, the mutation certificate in the name of your father, application form etc.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26070 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to apply in the sub registrar office with self declaration online photo as a affidavit with Maharashtra govt. That your mother, siblings and you are the legal heirs, along with the application kindly attached legal heris certificate, death certificate of father's, property tax , latest index II copy, and all legal heirs identity proofs.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12202 Answers
154 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Prescribed application form, for transfer of property/to get the mutation done in revenue records of the Municipality/Corporation, as the case may be.

2. NOCs from other legal heirs.

3. Your father's death certificate.

4.  7/12 record of the property.

5.  Family Tree/Legal heirship Certificate.

By producing the above records, the property will be transferred/mutated in your mother's name.

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
3807 Answers
227 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You all the legal heirs have to first execute a NOC in favor of your mother to mutate the revenue records on her name. 

Then, along with a copy of your father's death certificate,  legal heirship certificate,  NOC, copy of the property document and an application seeking transfer of revenue records to her name may be submitted to the Tehsildar for the purpose. 


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
74484 Answers
1226 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Death certificate and your own id proofs are required. If you want mutation to be done in favour of your mother then you have to execute a NOC in her favour.

2. Engage a local lawyer for this.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30751 Answers
919 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You need will the the parent to get the property transferred in your name.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
910 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

- After the death of your father intestate , his property would be devolved upon all the legal heirs, including mother equally. 

- Hence, if you want to transfer the said property in your mother name , then other legal heirs released deed in favour of mother is needed. 

- Further for mutation in the mothers name , you have to submit death certificate of father including property documents in the name of father , with the said release deed. 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
8182 Answers
86 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer