1) Motor vehicle accidents are covered under 279 , 304 A of Indian penal code.
2) Since the accused did not have license, he is liable to be punished under section 3 & 181 M.V. Act also.
3) Please be informed that in the criminal case, the driver will go to jail for causing death of your father.
4) However for compensation, you will need to file a Petition in the court under Motor Vehicles O.P and claim compensation .
5) In the said petition, you should file the FIR, MLC, Post mortem record, family member certificate to claim compensation.
6) In the said petition, you should implead the insurance company, the owner of auto and driver of auto as respondents.
Hope this information is useful.