• Pak India marriage govt issues

Hi, I’m a Pakistani Muslim girl who wants to marry an Indian Muslim boy. He is on job visa in UAE and I’m a student here in UAE, we both discussed about the marriage procedure in India but due to the current tensions between Indian Government and Indian Muslims he is worried about his family back in Kerala would face issues from the Indian ppl and government and is about to breakup with me. He feels if he marries me the people in Kerala (Non Muslims) would attack them and their families as they hate pakistan and it will be unsafe for his family. Plz guide me properly what could be the best solution n if i marry him how can we be safe in India keeping in mind the current outrage between Muslims and Non Muslims (riots)
Asked 8 months ago in Family Law
Religion: Muslim

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

16 Answers

I don't think that muslims and non muslims have any issues in India. People are marrying each other. In fact, you both are muslims and if you decide to marry then there would be no problem. But once you become a citizen of India you have to pay allegiance to India.

Other than that we welcome you to our great country.

Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
12251 Answers
29 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hii greetings of the day.

There is no such big issue in India about attacking just becouse of this , that he got married to an Pakistani Muslim girl. You cannot perform registration marriage but you have nikah done at any masjid with help of kaji. More of Muslim area and hindu located is very different.


All the best

Rita Rajput
Advocate, Thane
181 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

You can get married as per special marriage Act of required. She can also inform the UAE authority.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
23361 Answers
49 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can get married in UAE 


marriage can be registered with Indian embassy or consulate under provisions of foreign marriage act 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
82097 Answers
5158 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


A marriage of a Hindu woman with a Muslim man is not a “regular or valid” but the child born out of such wedlock is legitimate, the Supreme Court on Tuesday. It also said that the legal effect of such an irregular marriage is that a wife is entitled to get dower but cannot inherit the husband’s property.

The top court while dismissing the appeal against the high court order said that since Hindus are idol worshippers, which includes worship of physical images or statues through offering of flowers and adornment, it is clear that the marriage of a Hindu woman with a Muslim man is merely an irregular one. It was hearing a property dispute matter in which Shamsuddin, son of Ilias and Valliamma, claimed share in the ancestral property through inheritance after the death of his father.

It said “the legal effect of a irregular marriage is that in case of consummation, though the wife is entitled to get dower, she is not entitled to inherit the properties of the husband. But the child born in that marriage is legitimate just like in the case of a valid marriage, and is entitled to inherit the property of the father.”

The court said that on other hand the effect of a void marriage is that it does not create any civil right or obligations between the parties and the children born out of such wedlock are illegitimate. The bench said that under Muslim law, a marriage is not a sacrament but a civil contract and there are three types of marriage — valid, irregular and void.

“A void marriage is one which is unlawful in itself, the prohibition against su-ch a marriage being perpe-tual and absolute. An in-valid marriage is descri-bed as one which is not un-lawful in itself, but unlawful for something else. .(like absence of witnesses),” the bench said.

Aveek Bose
Advocate, Kolkata
1222 Answers
9 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. you can marry under the special marriage act,

2. there is no such violence in my Country,

3. you will get a warm welcome there,

4. since you both belongs to same religion, you won't face any hassles, 

5. in case of any problem you may approach the concerned police


Good Luck & Welcome

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Panipat
2343 Answers
4 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Your proposed marriage will be as per Shariat, that is, under the Muslim Personal Law

The problem against Muslims is under the Citizenship Amendment Act under which those Muslims who entered India prior to a particular date as stated in that Act are required to show proof of their citizenship 

So the above act will not come in your way

As regards the threat of being attacked by Non Muslims, in my view that is completely unfounded since India is a secular country and your husband can always approach the High Court by filing a writ petition and seek protection 

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6157 Answers
50 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can marry with him under foreign marriage act on foreign land and stay few years in UAE. Later you can come in India when you're are spouse of him.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12005 Answers
128 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

There is no such outrage or hate incidences between Hindus and Muslims either in Kerala or elsewhere. 

The fears apprehended by your boyfriend is an imaginary concept.

May be he is trying to avoid you hence he is telling you blatant lies in the name of  communal disharmony.

You can get married to him before the Indian embassy under special marriage act and then apply for visa complying with the necessary formalities in this regard.

There are plenty of Muslims belonging to Pakistan marry Indian Muslims and live peacefully in India, there is no such report from  anywhere or any part of India.

You find out his real intention and better be careful about proceeding with the proposed marriage because he may sometimes be scared of his parents non-approval of this proposal.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
72170 Answers
1078 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are suggested that you may get married there itself and then the things may normalise and people may also accept the things.


Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6616 Answers
14 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

There is no issue between Muslims and Non Muslims but against Pakistani. Reason is your govt. and people supporting govt. 

Well, you can marry at Indian Embassy, UAE. Easy procedure. One month notice, 3 witness, age and i`d proof etc.

 how can we be safe in India - Indian are resilient and Kerala is highly educated state. rare possibility but 
IF any threat, have to file complaint to police.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21439 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. There are no such tensions in India against Indian Muslims that Hindu will attack them for marrying a Pakistani muslim girl. 

2. That boy must be creating this reason to breakup with you. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
10689 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

He is wrong and there is nothing like this.

Everyone is welcome.

Still you both come to India and reside for.45 days and get a registered marriage done under police protection 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You can perform marriage as per shariah law in india. 

you can also marry with him under foreign marriage Act in UAE. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19002 Answers
18 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. There is no tension between Indian people or Indian Government and Indian Muslim since Indian Muslims are also considered as Indian people.


2. Indians are concerned with the attacks from the ISI backed Zihadies.


3. Hindus are peace loving and in the History you will not find any Hindu king attacked any other Country unlike Muslim invaders like Gajnavi who are infamous for their cruelties.


4. It is not right that you being a Pakistani girl will be attacked in Kerala.


5. You can very well marry him and come to India on tourist Visa initially and after spending 7 years, can apply for Citizenship.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
25416 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

- If you want to marry outside India , then both can marry in UAE , under the Special Marriage Act or Foreign Marriage Act.

- As per law , A marriage between parties , one of whom at least is a citizen of India may be solemnized under Special Marriage Act, in India before a Marriage Registrar in India or a Marriage Officer in a foreign country.

- Hence , if you dont want to come to India for performing the marriage , then can contact in India Embassy in UAE , for the same . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
6719 Answers
71 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer