• Viscera report and final police report

May I collect viscera report and final police report from mothugudem police station Andra Pradesh
Asked 9 days ago in Criminal Law from North 24 Parganas, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu

After submitting report by police in court, you can obtain certified copy of it. Not form police station.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
18502 Answers
22 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0


  1. Your question is not very clear. If you are from the part of the complainant, this is the work of the police and the prosecution. If you are authorised to follow up, with due permission you may. 
  2. If the prosecution is not doing its job, you must bring it upto the judge. 

S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2680 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you are the complainant or even the other party you cannot collect the reports until reports are submitted in Court. You can collect copy from the court

Varnika Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
314 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

- No, a complainant or an accused cannot collect viscera report and final police report from any police station of India. 

- This both report needs first verification and approval from the court , hence police is bound to submit the said report in the court , without disclosing any part therefrom. 

- Further, when these report dully accepted by the court , then after moving an application before the court , you can take certified true copy of those reports filed by the police . 

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
2540 Answers
35 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can obtain an authorisation letter from the concerned police or the authority to which this report has to be reached for further legal action. 

The police here in Andhra Pradesh may not hand over the report to you in the absence of any property authority. 


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
64506 Answers
835 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the police report under section 173 is submitted and the police has made the viscera report part of the same then through certified copy you can get the same. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
19581 Answers
278 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can not collect the viscera report you can collect the final police report in court.

Ravinder Mehra
Advocate, Rohtak
142 Answers

Not rated

Yes file an RTI for it....receive them via proper channel 

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
2411 Answers
4 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Police would submit these reports in court 


they may refuse to give you a copy 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
74527 Answers
4458 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If investigation is completed then you can the same and they are bound to share if rejected you must see that there  is some fishy.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
5283 Answers
171 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir/Madam,

You may collect the said reports from the concerned report. 

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, NEW DELHI
4431 Answers
9 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Yes you can very well obtain it by RTI

Aveek Bose
Advocate, Kolkata
1118 Answers
7 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Yes You can always collect the reports from Police station this is your right and even Police cannot deny to provide you with these documents. 


Thanks and Regards,

Varun Talwar, Advocate Delhi High Court. 

Varun Talwar
Advocate, Sonipat
27 Answers

Not rated

you can get the copy from the Court once it is submitted there by the police

Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Haryana
2074 Answers
3 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

No, you cannot.

The same will not be shared by Police.

Police will submit the reports to the Court.

You can obtain the certified copies from court.


S Srinivasa Prasad
Advocate, Hyderabad
1901 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you need to apply the same under RTI and get the same

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
18628 Answers
34 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. The police station might refuse to handover copy of Viscera Report and Final Police Report to you.


2. You can easily collect copy of the above documents from the Court.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
24041 Answers
659 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file an RTI to Concern Police station and demand Certified copy of Reports. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
15553 Answers
7 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Are you the complainant or accused?

2. Police cannot share these documents with you.

3. If final report has been filed in the court then you can get a certified copy of it from the court.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
28662 Answers
835 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Police will not provide you copy of viscera reports and Final police report as they are to be submitted in court.

2. You can get certified copy of documents from court. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
7952 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer