• Inheritance

Sir my father left me  all his property  through a registered will.  I have now got the house transfered in my name.  I want to know is it still treated as a inherited property? Due to some reason I dont want to give my children any share. So can they legally claim any right over this property.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
Was the property acquired by your father is a self acquired or ancestral property .this is a inherited by you if  not a ancestral property, your childern can not claim

if the property is acquired by your father then your can not claim

it would not be ancestral property . you can dispose of said property as you please . it is not necessary to give your children any share in property inherited from your father . i presume it was self acquired property of your father

It is inherited property, albeit you are under no obligation to give a share to your children. You may sell or transfer the property at your sweet will, and deprive your children of any share therein.

It is your self acquired property if it was your father's self acquired property and then you are not bound to spare it with your children now.
Thanking you,
Subash.M.R.Advocate
Subash M R

my pleasure

thanks for your appreciation

Thank you for your appreciation.