• Is there any law to direct my wife for psychological counselling

I am married for 5 year,I am facing lot of problems from my marriage since my wife is not willing to accept my parents,she wants to control my finance and isolating me from my parents.she went to police twice and gave complaint as dowry and domestic violence but she didn't file any case,she withdraw complaint after getting statement from me saying that my family members won't come to our home,I have bought flat on my wife name also in Bangalore. she is hyper tensed,she is threatening me always.Sometime she says that she will even kill herself to put my parents in jail.she is not willing to come for counselling also.
Is there any law act by which can I ask her to go through psychological  counselling/treatment?If so could you please explain how to do?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
1) suggest that you visit a family counsellor to resolve your differences . the mistake you made was buying flat in your wife name . you should have bought flat in your name or in joint names . 

2) your wife needs psychiatrist treatment if she threatens to kill herself .she cannot restrain your parents from visiting you and staying with you for some days in a year . 

3) keep control of finances in your own hands only . if situation dosent improve file for divorce
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44485 Answers
2586 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

here you need to use force for her welfare instead of law
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

have you raised the matter with her family,what does they about it
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

there is no such law wherein you can force your wife to visit counsellor . 

if however you file for divorce court will refer petition to counsellor to enable parties to arrive at an amicable settlement .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44485 Answers
2586 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, as stated above our learned advocates there is no law that you can force to visit Counselor.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4538 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You gave sufficient ammunition to your wife by purchasing the property in entirely her name. She can file the cases she has threatened by defraying the cost of litigation from this property. 

There is no law whereby and whereunder she can be compelled to visit a counsellor. Endeavour to iron out your differences through counselling if she agrees thereto. If differences are irreconcilable then file for joint divorce.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer