• Right to know about my wife

Meri marriage April 2013 me hui.mari wife ek mental patient h .jab Maine apni wife ki disease aur treatment time ki jankari hospital se mangi to hospital administration ka jawab mila ki mujhe meri wife ke bare me jankari nahi di ja sakti.plz mujhe bataye ki Hindu marriage act me wife ke bare me janane ka right h ya nahi.yadi ho to plz section bataye.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Gaya, Bihar
Religion: Hindu
dusra hospital jayo apni biwi ko lekar . doctor jaan ke aapko nahi bata rahenge kyunki aaap ki biwi ne mana kara hoga .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
42925 Answers
2481 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

aap kisi aur hospital mai dekha sakte hai
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

There is no particular section under you can ask for her details of treatment without initiating a divorce procedure. As experts earlier suggested take her to another doctor and get the diagnosis report. In case you are filing a divorce for nullity on grounds of mental illness this direction  can be obtained from the Court. it is not easy  to put up a case of mental insanity without medical reports or treatment papers. As you  know that you are supposed to prove your allegation  and produce sufficient proof for that.
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1508 Answers
132 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

go to another hospital because getting done through court also not that easy
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Hospital cannot divulge details of your wife's ailment, if any, without her prior permission. You may take her to another hospital if you desire but no hospital can part with the details of a patient's ailment and the treatment given to her unless he authorizes it to do so. There is no right to know about spouse's medical condition under Hindu Marriage Act.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22950 Answers
623 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer