• Need to identify property

My parents bought a plot of land in Bangalore about 25 years ago. My uncle had helped us buy the property but he is no more unfortunately - only he was aware of the exact spot of the property location.
We have all papers with us - but my father and I have been trying to locate the exact four corners of the plot but have not been able to because there is no survey number in the documents - only the layout and the plot no. of the property at that time, 25 years ago.
Is there a way this can be identified? We would like to know this. Any help from any esteemed lawyer on this forum will be highly appreciated.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
Only the local survey office or the revenue collectorate can help you. 
They have a very detailed land planning map with them. On the basis of your title deed they can pin point the actual location.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12511 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. What are the legal documents in connection with the property do you have?

B. Do you have approved layout plan? If yes, you can check the same in that document.

C. If your property situated in a particular area, village that you can check on CDP plan or Village Map, Survey Sketch etc.

D. You can ascertain the particular property in local authorities.

E. Contact a local advocate to resolve this matter.
B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
831 Answers
55 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)you have to make inquires with your local municipal corporation . your property tax bill must be mentioning survey number of your plot . in addition assessment order passed by municipal corporation of your plot contains these details . 

2)in addition in karnataka land records have been computerised . you can enter the name of owner or plot number and obtain printed copy of RTC  on payment of nominal fees at any of land record kiosks in the taluka office 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44243 Answers
2568 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As mentioned by you, you are from Karnataka, all the revenue records in Karnataka have been computerised. By mentioning the name of the owner, you can get the details of the property. further, on the property, property tax must have been paid by your father. is no survey number mentioned on the tax receipt as well??

Contact the municipal corporation or file an RTI to obtain the survey number for the same.
Shaveta Chaudhary (Sanghi)
Advocate, Chandigarh
843 Answers
63 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Who was the seller? How did you purchase the property in the first place if it had no survey number? Survey number is mentioned in the sale deed and also the agreement.

2. It is most imprudent to buy a property which has no survey number.

3. You should go the office of the local tehsildar and seek his help in locating the property.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have the property title documents with you,  an encumbrance certificate on property can be obtained from registrar's office in which you can find the check boundaries of all the four corners. You can even visit the revenue office of that jurisdiction and can verify the details and move an application for government surveyor to survey your property and fix the boundaries. 
You dont need an assistance of any lawyer for ding this job, you can do it yourself by approaching concerned officers. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
34414 Answers
368 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1, From whom did you buy the said land? If the layout/property belongs to Bangalore Municipal Corporation then you can enquire about the location of your land from the Corporation. The location of your plot can be in=dentified from the layout map,

2. If the layout/property is in a panchayat area, then you shall have to approach the Panchayat or local tehshilder's office.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18121 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Apply for Encumbrance Certificate for the property based on the details available with you. The EC will contain any new number allotted to the same property/ PID No. and the boundaries.
2. Visit the jurisdictional BBMP office or the Village Panchayat Office or the BMRDA, as the case may be, and take the help of the Revenue Inspector or the Assistant Revenue Officer and he would be able to locate the property.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1617 Answers
107 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

either you can file a questionnaire before civil court on the basis of record you have and get detailed answer from revenue department. If in the mean time any changes has taken place in revenue record then revenue officer will inform you in the answer of questionnaire. 

or file application before DM and get 25 years of revenue record on the payment of requisite fee. Picture will be cleared and you will get proper map of your land.  
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
4973 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer