• 498a and other case

Sir, i hav married before 2 years, my
wife live only 15 days and leave my
home by blaming my parents on d
false dowry issue after dat She never
came and refusuing to come 8 my
home. My wife and inlaws always
harres and publically abuse my
parents and younger brother sister
dat they will arrest my hole family on
false dowry case bcoz law is in
favour of woman. Now i filed divorce
case before 3 days. What precaution
should i take so dat my family will
not arrest on 498a and other case
which she will planning to file??
Our hole family is in a depression on
d coming situation..
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
Dear Querist
you can file Anticipatory bail and get arresting stay or get notice bail from session court or High court as you think fit.
feel free to call
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4856 Answers
221 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

do not worry so much,every has problem has a solution,contact us when ever you face any problem
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you can also file a complain case against your in laws. that will help you in cases filed by your wife afterwards
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

you should have tried to file divorce by mutual consent . if wife refused then only file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty . 

if wife files false 498A case obtain anticipatory bail on lodging of FIR . 98%of  498a cases are false . fight case on merits
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have already applied for divorce. The threat of her reciprocating by filing a false case of dowry harassment is real. You may neutralise the consequences of any such move by her by applying for anticipatory bail as and when she files the case.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer