• Second marriage

i got married    in 1997 , had a son in 1998. my husband took ex party divorce in 1999. i came to know in 2011. the orders were set aside, he remarried in 2011 . he has 2 kids. he is staying with his second wife we got seperated after 4 months . he tricked me. now i being his legal wife . can i stay with him.  wen i go to his house no one answers the door . his father died . can my son claim for his right in property. he keeps on making baseless allegations can i sue him in the court. our families have been in touch these regarding this issue. my son is mentally depressed , the day  his father ignored him. what should i do?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from sonipat, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
how you came to know about divorce in 2011 after 2 years
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1. Since the orders have been set aside you may claim the right to reside with him. 

2. If there is an ancestral property in family then your son claim his share therein. 

3. For any baseless allegation you may sue him for defamation. 

4. You may claim maintenance for yourself and your son.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

since expartee order is set aside you got full rights as his legally wedded  wife but mind only till the pendency of suit of divorce. at the end final order of court will matter in divorce suit
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

1) file case under Dv act to claim right to stay in matrimonial home . you are the legally wedded wife  and hence you have right to stay in matrimonial home 

2) if your husband has remarried during subsistence of earlier marriage you can also sue him for bigamy 

3) your son can claim share in ancestral property of your husband . but if it self acquired property of husband he cannot claim any share . 

4) for baseless allegation levied by your husband you can sue him for  defamation 

5) in addition if your husband ignore his son and does not take car of him financially you can claim maintenance
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46885 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
if father of your husband died without any will and left any property then your son has right in the property. file a civil suit for partition against them. you can file a bigomy case against your husband. you should contact a lawyer personally for best advise.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer