• Ex-girlfriend spreading false information to friends

I'm married & my ex girlfriend sharing our WhatsApp chat with my friends & telling I've affair going on.
Pls contact me @ [deleted]
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

17 Answers

issue legal notice to ex girl friend to not spread false rumors 


2)mention that your affair was over long back and you are happily married now 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
76737 Answers
4599 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


you may lodge a complaint against her, also you may intimate her family members that she is involved in such activities.



Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17775 Answers
294 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

IS she black mailing you ?

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
19972 Answers
27 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Is it old WhatsApp chat or you are in relationship with her  after marriage?

Anyway, you can make a police complaint against her for harassment caused to you and to defame you, but, be prepared for a counter attack in shape of some complaint against you, like, physical and sexual abuse on false promise of marriage. 

Best way is to settle the matter amicably by talking her on the issue.



Suneel Moudgil
Advocate, Haryana
2146 Answers
3 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Send her a legal notice calling upon her to stop defaming you, and also to restrain forthwith from interfering in your personal life. 

Report her to the Police, in case fails to amend her behaviour despite your legal notice

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9047 Answers
164 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, If she blackmailing you then you will lodge a police complaint against her.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4678 Answers
239 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Serve her a legal notice of defamation seeking compensation and stopping immediately if she fails file a complaint with magistrate of defamation and civil suit seeking damages.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25163 Answers
103 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue a legal notice to your ex girl friend and file criminal defamation u/s 499,500  of IPC and also file civil defamation case  

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
17155 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

you can file a complaint against her. you can contact me through telephonic consultation with kaanoon

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
20389 Answers
38 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

People can't say what they like about you, If you can prove she started the rumour and its damaging you, there is a law to protect you, no one can make false or malicious statements about you , it's called “Slander” You could seek legal advice from your local advocate

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
4953 Answers
26 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

1) You can make defamation complaints against her in the police station.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
10620 Answers
93 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

First issue a notice to the other party to stop spreading imputation intended to cause harm Your reputation, failing which defamation suit would be filed against him/her.

You can file defamation case if things continue and also claim compensation. 

Keep some documentary evidence including screen shots of electronic media contents covering such imputations.

Kallol Majumdar
Advocate, Kolkata
2683 Answers
4 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,


- Initial stage you can send legal notice to her on this matter and if she doesnt stop even you have below shared remedies. 

- You can complaint to local police station for spreading wrong rumors against you along with case of criminal breach

- If you have sufficient evidence than file defamation suit against her 




Vivek Arya

Vivek Arya
Advocate, Gurgaon
694 Answers
4 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Try to talk to her about stop doing such things ,you can take help of mediator who is close to both of you like friend

You can issue legal notice of doing such things and if still she is doing you can file case of defamation against her that she is creating hurdle in your public life as well as your married life,

Dimple Jain
Advocate, Jodhpur
222 Answers

Not rated

If it has reached you or  you have been informed by any friend and it is disturbing then you may issue a legal notice to her to refrain from indulging in such activities or else face the legal consequences. 

After that you can file a crimninal complaint against her for criminal intimidation and high handedness  or file a defamation case against her in the judicial magistrate court.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
66685 Answers
879 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

  1. This is this is absolutely not tolerable for anyone the kind of acts been done by her.
  2. You should immediately file a police case against her for criminal defamation and under IT act.
  3. This is the only way to save your marriage as well as to let her k ow that she has been taking law in her hand for which she might have to go to jail also.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5314 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File a police complaint under Section 323 IPC against her.

2. If you have her address then a suit for permanent injunction to restrain her from defaming you further with a further prayer to seek damages can also be filed.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
29788 Answers
855 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer