• Full and final letter received without signature

I recently resigned from my previous organization and served 1.5 months notice period and did a buyout for the remainder.
I have received the full and final letter from my previous employer but it is missing any signatures.
Does the full and final letter require a signature legally

Harvinder
Asked 11 days ago in Labour from Mumbai, Maharashtra

1) Not needed actually if you have received payment. If your salary comes under Income tax slab than to submit income proof one may require signature or can take digital signature on it.

Not required. You can also show the bank entry that F&F  has been done

It has to be signed by your employer. 

Unsigned letter has no value 

Yes the authorised signatory of the company needs to sign the letter of the full and final settlement.

Yes, F&F required Employer signature. 

If there is a statement written on the letter that - this is a computer generated letter and does not require signature - then stamp and signature are not required

But its better to have the stamp and signature on this letter to avoid any confusion 

In some cases the maker of the letter digitally signs the letter

But still insist for stamp and signature to leave no loose ends

Yusuf Rampurawala

1. if it is a computer generator letter then it doe snot require any signature.

2. If it is manually set and printed then a signature and self of office the letter is not valid.

3. So take this letter to your ed employer once again and get it signed. They would do it for sure.

It should bear the signature either in ink or be digitally signed. You should seek a fresh full and final letter which bears the signature.

When amount is received by you and credited to your account then the matter deems to be closed.  It itself a evidence.  No need to worry.

Netravathi Kalaskar

Yes, Is it not ridiculous that a organization is sending a letter without signature of the sender, they have done it deliberately so first send it back as it is for their signature by keeping a copy of the same with the copy of the envelope in which it was received, this will be of use for further steps to be taken in case of necessity.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa

The computerised letters sometimes may mention that the signature is not necessary, however you may clarify the same from your employer since it may be held as invalid.