• Property division

My father expired  without creating a will .He is left by my mother & me ( son) . My sister is deceased. My question is - Can my deceased sisters children claim share in my father;s property ?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
yes, they can claim the property share and they got same share as you will get.
one share for your mother(widow)
one share for you (son) and
one share for your deceased sister's children.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4641 Answers
211 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes your sister's children can claim their mother's share.The share of the property shall be equal.
Smita Shah
Advocate, Hyderabad
12 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

Your deceased sister's children have the right to inherit her share.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

on your father   death you have 1/3rds share in property . 1/3rd share is of your mother and 1/3rd share of deceased sister children .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41547 Answers
2386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

childern of your sister can claim the share of their mother share
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Mother, daughter and son all have equal rights in the property.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.2 on 5.0

your mother, you and children of your deceased sister are entitled for 1/3rd share in the property.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1562 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes her child is a right in equal share 1/3rd of  ur father property
Deepak Rao
Advocate, Delhi
15 Answers

3.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer