• Effective date of agreement

Please advice if case of any agreement with company & service provider, Which date will be considered as effective date of agreement either on the date it got made,signed & stamp paper issued or the effective date mentioned on agreement.

Its matter of non compete ! I have dealt with their customer before the agreement got signed but the effective date they mentioned in agreement is in past.

Also I was out of India when this agreement got signed because they was not releasing my payment then i told my staff to sign on my kapil, will it be treated valid agreement or not since I have not signed as a director of company.

Please advice
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Delhi, Delhi
the day on which it is signed after completion of formalities

Date mentioned in the agreement to be effective would be effective date of agreement.  If your staff had power of attorney to represent you then the agreement would be valid.

it would be the date mentioned in the agreement as effective date .. the issue as to whether agreement is valid or not can only be advised after going through the contents of agreement .

The date mention in the agreement is presumed to be the date on the said date you have executed the agreement.

Date mentioned in agreement.
Fateh Chand Sharma

The effective date would be date mentioned in the agreement. The validity or lack of it of the agreement can be determined only after perusing its contents.