• Debt recovery calls for loan taken in UAE

Hi, My husband lost his job in UAE. he hunted job there for 3 months & had to come back to Mumbai, India since his visa expired. He had taken a loan & few credit card dues which is approx. INR 15,00,000. We got a call from Delhi crime branch with name Satbir Singh Rana asking for my husband. We want to settle the debts but he has no money & no Job now. He is calling our relatives & harassing them. Are they really crime branch or recovery agents. Can they contact Mumbai Crime Branch/Police and arrest him in Mumbai? Can we do a police complaint or FIR against that phone no. & person for harassing to protect my husband in case they harass more. What are the steps we can take further to settle this matter politely. Thanks
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers

1)they appear to be recovery agents

2) if any criminal case is filed against your husband police would issue him notice to record his statement

3) he can apply for and obtain AB from sessions court

4) if your husband has no money and no job take proceedings to declare him self an insolvent

5) if he is harassed by recovery agents file police complaint against said agents for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87897 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

loan was availed in UAE

So the UAE lender will have to obtain necessary approval from the competent authority there to follow your husband in India by causing to be issued a notice from that authority to the authority in India

In absence of such an authority, the police in India cannot pursue the outstanding loan of a UAE lender against your husband

ask that person who is calling you to show you any notice or authority by which he is authorised to follow your husband in India for recovery of loan of a lender in UAE

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6876 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is the tactics adopted by such recovery agents.

They may mention that they are from crime branch or supreme court or Delhi high court or consumer court etc.

Dont fall prey to such pressure tactics.

If they contact your relatives and others known to you, better you may lodge a complaint agaisnt those agents for their threatening activities as well as for the defamatory acts.

They cannot recover the money for a debt occurred in a foreign company legally here in India, hence they are adopting all types of psychological pressure tactics.

Dont get carried away by such fake calls.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78050 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firslty, it is true that as per law if you have taken loan from any authority then it’s your liability to pay back the same.

Secondly, but, they are also liable to act in accordance of law as there are recovery suits which they can file before the law.

Thirdly, at any cost they can’t force you to pay until court order after the litigation.

Fourthly, yes you should file case against those making calls and threatening you tomoay back the amount.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

These are fake calls, from recovery agency. You can file criminal complain of threat and personating crime branch officer.

UAE bank must have given contract of recovery to any Indian recovery agency. Next time they call, rebuff them back, of filling police complain if called again.

These are civil issue, no involvement of police.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

did you confirm to delhi crime branch? is thier any officer named Satbir Singh Rana.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19029 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

They are the recovery agents. Tell them to go in police as your financial position is not good to settle at this moment.

If they abuse file a police complaint. There loans are non secured loans and they can only call.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hi, the bank official cannot resort to threatning and criminal intimidation fro recovery of their dues .. It is advisable to register a police complaint against such calls ...

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Please go to the police immediately under legal shed(by hiring an advocate) and submit there an application narrating all the facts up to date, now even bank or anybody else who so ever it may be do not harass a client for recovering there dues.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Crime Branch will never call ask to come for settlement. Bank may sent notice to your husband.

2) Check with bank and from whom you have taken loan etc.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. It cannot be crime branch, they must be recovery agents. Go to the nearest police station to file a FIR under Section 506 IPC for criminal intimidation against them.

2. Bank can file a suit for recovery of money but it cannot adopt these tactics.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You may get on DDR registered against the said threat.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer