• Injunction and court fee

Please let me know how much one has to pay in case of consequencial reliefs/injunctions 
Plaintiff has not valued sufficiently for the injunction and we are seeking vacating of injunction on the ground of suppression of facts and relief not valued properly (in Karnataka)
Pl advise legally and also give case laws in both
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

Hi, As per Karnataka Court Fee and Suit Valuation Act the consequential relief will be valued for Rupees 1000/- and the Advolerm Court fee of Rupees 25/- will be paid on the Plaint.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5394 Answers
310 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Court fees is state subject and varies from state to state

2) local Lawyer can guide you as to court fees payable on reliefs claimed by plaintiff

3) well settled law that person who has not come to court with clean hands is not entitled to reliefs

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87894 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the plaintiff has just sought for injunction the court fee will be 25/- rs for each injunction prayer in karnataka. If he has sought for declaration and injunction then the court fee will be based on property market value. Vacation of injunction can be claimed if there are suppression of material facts or if the plaintiff is not in possession of property.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The court fee and suit valuation is a state subject and will vary from one state to another.

Instead of relying on vague information about it from this forum, you may contact an advocate from Karnataka to clarify the same by giving him the details of the case proposed to file.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78048 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Court fees depends upon the exact valuation of court fees. Please make sure if you're saying that plaintiff has not paid sufficient court fees, the court can always direct the plaintiff or the plaintiff can always give an undertaking before the court that he shall be paying the balance court fees.

Garima Anil Mehrotra
Advocate, Mumbai
514 Answers
1 Consultation

4.9 on 5.0

1. Court fee is different in every state as every state has its own court fee act.

2. You must consult a local lawyer alone on this.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Please describe the facts in detail in order to enable us to give a concrete legal opinion.

What is the relief that has been sought?

What are the grounds on which the relief has been sought?


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You are proceeding on right track as per the CPC.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer