• Share in property

sir my name is radha.i got married in 1986. now i am thinking of asking my brothers share in the property belonging to my father.
can i apply through the court for the share.
in other words do i have the share in my fathers property
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
you can file partition suit to claim share in your father self acquired property . I presume your father died intestate ie without any will
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41431 Answers
2372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you are entitled to claim a share in your father's property. you will be entitled for equal share as that of your brothers
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

is there any will of your father
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

First you should know whether your father died intestate i.e., without writing a will.  In that case you are entitled to  share in your father's property on par with your brothers.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1562 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have right in the ancestral property of your father you can file suit for partition.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

If it is your father's self purchased property then you have an equal share in it unless your father has made a will depriving you of the same. If your brothers do not voluntarily give to you what is your lawful share then you may move to court and cull out your share by filing a case for division of proprietary rights.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer