• How to issue GPA in favour of my father

I intend to seek legal opinion for the following situation.
I have made an agreement of sale to buy a site from an individual seller in Bangalore urban area. There are five (5) co-buyers for this site respectively as follows.
Buyer1: My wife (25%)
Buyer2: My brother-in-law (25%)
Buyer3: Myself (15%)
Buyer4: My father-in-law (25%)
Buyer5: My father (10%)
The registration is due in another 1 month. Problem is – I won’t be able the present during the registration. As a result, I want to issue a GPA to my father (Buyer 5). 
Can you please guide me to issue a GPA for my father.
Also, does the GPA need to be registered?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
since it will not be possible to remain present for registration of sale deed you can execute general power of attorney in favour of your father . POA needs to be stamped and registered .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
40223 Answers
2285 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

all GPA after  sep 2011  are not valid,means there can be no GPA after sep2011 nor they can be registered,kindly check if registered GPA are going in your area
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

It is purchase through GPA. You can draft GPA and get it registered. 
At the time of purchase your father can represent you along with himself as buyer.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
398 Answers
115 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

gpa for the purpose of execution of sale is valid.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

gpa for the purpose of representing you in the sub registrar office valid. you can get it drafted and the same needs to be registered.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Hi, you better contact any one of the  advocates in this site who are practicing in Bangalore, they will help you to prepare GPA.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4451 Answers
197 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

I would rather suggest you execute a special power of attorney only for the limited purposes of registration as proposed by you along with other members of your family. After registration this SPA becomes null and void automatically. This SPA also needs to be registered. Where are you staying presently, if in india, you can go to the sub-registrar's office closest to you and execute the said document and send it to your father for this purpose. Need further assistance you could contact any one of us.
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
945 Answers
86 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You may make a GPA in favour of your father to carry out the process of registration in your absence. The GPA will have to be registered. After registration thereof your father can lawfully register the property.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22608 Answers
609 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer