• Having a shop on rent for 36 years

I have a shop on rent from last 36 years know the owner is asking to vacant it  kindly suggest.me what yo do?
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
Hi, you being the tenant,  if the owner wanted the premises you have to deliver the possession or else you have to request for some more time.

why he is asking you to vacate the shop,kindly explain

Please let us know whether you are paying the rent regularly every month or whether the lease period is over and the reason for the owner asking you to vacate the shop.

Have you been issued a legal notice by owner for vacating the shop, or he has orally requested you to vacate it? Have you defaulted in the payment of rent? For what reasons the owner is demanding his shop?

You have the option of either acceding to his demand and leaving the shop, or contest any case filed by him for recovery of shop.

you have stated that you are in possession of shop for last 36 years . i presume you have paid rents on time and not made any structural alterations in the rented premises . 

in such a case landlord cannot arbitrarily evict the tenant . he has to issue you legal notice for eviction . in reply to notice deny all the allegations . let landlord file suit for eviction . contest the suit . it will take years to be disposed of .